My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just received Mopar splash guards for my '07 Compass. Part No. 8223703. Only problem is that I thought it'd be as easy as screwing them on, but they're definitely not custom fit (I didn't realize they made molded ones, for twice the price though:S), so I have to trim them. I was wondering if any of you have done this or have pics/diagrams of the best way to go about doing this. I've seen it done on the Patriot but haven't yet seen it on the Compass. Thanks for any help!

Brent

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting that pic! I just installed mine today after all...took a couple hours but they look great. Pics soon to follow :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am getting ready to install mine and I have to drill a couple holes. My spidey senses are tingling at the idea of drilling through the fender and exposing bare metal to the salty winter elements. Is their something I can put on the screws or in the hole to help protect it from rusting over time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Shoe

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am getting ready to install mine and I have to drill a couple holes. My spidey senses are tingling at the idea of drilling through the fender and exposing bare metal to the salty winter elements. Is their something I can put on the screws or in the hole to help protect it from rusting over time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Shoe
I just did mine last night i think the front splash guards had some screws with something already on it to prevent rusting, but the rear ones didnt. i was able to get a standard sized drill into the front wheel wells by turning them out of the way. I had to use a Dremel with a 90 degree attachment to drill the holes for the rear splash guards (you could remove the tire it you dont have a small drill/ Dremel for the rear slash guards).

·
Registered
180 Posts
The front top screws have a coating on them. None of the others have or need it because they all go into plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts