My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are you talking about these or not? I should have more pictures on my profile if this is what your after.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Mowgli.......look carefully at the picture from OTW..........they are the molded one that comes with the Compass.......same as the one from E-Bay........better too 'cause they have the white letter on them......

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mowgli.......look carefully at the picture from OTW..........they are the molded one that comes with the Compass.......same as the one from E-Bay........better too 'cause they have the white letter on them......
But I guess the mud guards of OTW are flexible? I'm looking for something more solid.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ok, Sorry I couldn't help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I looked into splash guards last year and you are all correct. The generic Jeep guards that OffTheWoll has fit the Patriot and Liberty (maybe more models as well) and also come in white lettering or black lettering. The ebay link is to the molded Compass guards that will only fit the Compass.

When I was researching, it sounded like the molded variety looked great, but had an issue with mud/dirt/snow sticking to them. They even have a "cubby hole" where the mud/dirt/snow clumps on them. I think snow was the biggest complaint.

Just an FYI. If you are going for looks and no off-roading you should be fine.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I put generic rubber mud flaps on my jeep. Total cost for me was $100 including installation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My fault, the thread I remembered was actually on Jeep Patriot.com and was in reference to the molded Jeep Patriot splash guards. I just assumed that the Compass splash guards would have the same problems.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just throwing this into the mix. I spent $39.98 + tax on mine. I was debating on putting them on at first. But now I love them. I just put mine on myself which was a beotch! Took a good hour and some because I took off the back tires to get easy access to do drilling.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've just ordered the molded ones.
I'll keep you updated.

I remembered that on my mazda3, the snow always get stucked on the mud guards and you just have to clean them while it's slushy, not one week after when it's iced.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
The joy of living in the Montreal area in winter...............It's coming soon !!!!!!

The leaves are starting to change colors..........

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have the moulded Mopar mud guards. I have to say I prefer the look to the white-lettered cheaper ones. They are made to look like they are part of the skirting I think, same colour and feel. They flex well so wont easily snap on a curb etc, unfortunately I went down a pretty high curb and cracked one of the rear ones slightly (1-2cm), its hardly noticable tho.

As for snow sticking to them, It does. But you can easily knock it out if it gets out of hand. IMO I'd rather have it stick to the mud guard than fly up all over the side of the Jeep.

And as for installing, the front ones you can do no probs with the tires on (turn the wheel), but the rear ones you will probably need the wheels off. I did it while I was having the wheels rotated so that saved me some effort.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the moulded Mopar mud guards. I have to say I prefer the look to the white-lettered cheaper ones. They are made to look like they are part of the skirting I think, same colour and feel. They flex well so wont easily snap on a curb etc, unfortunately I went down a pretty high curb and cracked one of the rear ones slightly (1-2cm), its hardly noticable tho.

As for snow sticking to them, It does. But you can easily knock it out if it gets out of hand. IMO I'd rather have it stick to the mud guard than fly up all over the side of the Jeep.

And as for installing, the front ones you can do no probs with the tires on (turn the wheel), but the rear ones you will probably need the wheels off. I did it while I was having the wheels rotated so that saved me some effort.
Thank you for your input! I can't wait to have mine.

·
Registered
142 Posts
They work fine are are not hard to install. Just make sure you get them straight in the rear or they look funny from the back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.