1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not sure how they could have turned it into a form of advertisement, the car did break down in hard conditions which Jeep vehicles were built to handle. Best thing they could have done was to cover the car transport feed via truck.

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
So guy buys a used vehicle that is basically outside of warranty and complains the company won't fix it..................furthermore he bought this not from a Chrysler dealership and lives basically in the middle of nowhere meaning there is no local FCA dealership around that could fix the vehicle. All in all its an article that wants to paint FCA in a bad light when in fact they honor all valid warranty claims.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a recall, not a warranty claim, and actually four different recalls on the vehicle. They did eventually agree to fly a mechanic out there but only after a lot of bad publicity. They could have done the same thing upfront, and I suggest they could have taken advantage of it - send a camera crew along too and make a commercial.
It is not impossible to foresee that there could be Jeeps out in remote places and develop a plan for how they would receive recall and warranty work. There could be pre-planning and some thought applied to how to 'spin' it from a publicity standpoint and to promote the Jeep brand as suitable for extreme and remote environments. That would require a little forethought which admittedly is not an FCA strong point.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It was a recall, not a warranty claim, and actually four different recalls on the vehicle. They did eventually agree to fly a mechanic out there but only after a lot of bad publicity. They could have done the same thing upfront, and I suggest they could have taken advantage of it - send a camera crew along too and make a commercial.
It is not impossible to foresee that there could be Jeeps out in remote places and develop a plan for how they would receive recall and warranty work. There could be pre-planning and some thought applied to how to 'spin' it from a publicity standpoint and to promote the Jeep brand as suitable for extreme and remote environments. That would require a little forethought which admittedly is not an FCA strong point.
You beat me to the punch. Right, since this was a recall, warranty wasn't an issue. And not sure if this was a "commercial" moment but certainly could, and SHOULD, have been resolved without the negative press. Do you know if the issue was fixed. The story leads you to believe all's well, but really basically left you hanging....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts