My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Thank God I drive a Mopar haha, but didn't I hear that they were expanding the recalls beyond what has already been reported here, and now Honda is in on the act? Hard to drive when the go pedal is stuck and you can't stop!!! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good ol Toilet-ota, sounds like it will be a while before they get a good fix going!
My older brother used to preach to me how great his Honda Pilot was...until he needed me to pull him out of the snow with my wifes Durango.
This stuff just makes me like my Jeep even more! Not that I needed more reasons!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Nice one there, love it! Skyeye, you got a chance to watch the 'Yota reps testify before Congress last week? Some interesting personal stories there.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
169 Posts
I love how the guy used a translator even though he spoke perfect english. Probably did it to give himself more time to come up with a response.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You gotta realize, when you're dealing with car salesmen, yes even car sales CEO's, these guys rehearse everything they say! Remember the old joke about "would you buy a used car from this guy?" It's all about image,image and fooling the public.

When I bought my Compass the salesman came up to me and said "like that little Jeep? Wanna drive it? After I drove it we went back to the office and signed the papers. He never mentioned anything more about selling me the car. He even gave me a brand new set of Jeep floormats. Now that's the kind of dealership I like!:D

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I love how the guy used a translator even though he spoke perfect english. Probably did it to give himself more time to come up with a response.
I had that thought, too, though they said it was for the sake of accuracy, they didn't want anything "lost in translation".....:)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
348 Posts
Been a long hard winter for me personally. Hope that part of my life is almost over.

I hate to see any company have problems of this magnatude. Just weakens the rest of the economy. Lots of "imports" are being built here in the states now. While this may mean the big bucks are leaving the country the average worker is happy to have a job no matter what the name on the sign at the front door.

Hopefully Toyota will learn something from this; that trust is not too easy to regain once lost.

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I was reading about that ^^^^ earlier, pretty disappointing, and it goes back to what CL said about trust and unfortunately, while I think many consumers have been turned off by Chrysler, we still do have a lot of loyalists, myself for one, who refuse to buy or drive anything else.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well I have owned and driven a Chrysler product since 1973 as well as having other 2nd vehicles from GM and one Ford. The shift in these product from engineering and/or design of the parts to offshore sources make them foreign as well if no more so than some company's such as Honda and Hyundai as well as many others who have office and manufacturing in Canada as well as the US. Hyundai has a huge warehouse just down the road from me less that 10 min.

Chrysler and the others are not North American made but North American assembled. The parts are built and maybe designed by third parties in third world countries to specifications supplied by the firms. The quality, engineering and the quality control is the biggest issue I believe and these companies are likely the lowest bidder to build your tie rod end, control arms, alternators, ball joint etc all coming back and put together in what is NOT an American car, truck, suv.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Chrysler and the others are not North American made but North American assembled.
Very well stated and, IMO, as well, so very true.

- Cherokee

1 - 17 of 17 Posts