My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Jeep’s 2017 Compass Trailhawk offering is no Wrangler, but those with fair expectations will find it to be a “delightful little off-road runabout”.

Setting it apart from the other trims are hardier skid plates, tow hooks, an extra inch of suspension lift, upward curving front and rear bumpers to improve approach/departure angles, and a set of Falken Wildpeak all-terrain tires. Those unique skid plates will give the Trailhawk a 30.3 degree approach and 33.6 departure angle. Combined with a breakover angle of 24.4 degrees and an additional 0.3 inches in height, the Compass Trailhawk is more than ready to tackle the bumpy trails that its standard sibling could not.

For an increase in traction, the Trailhawk comes with Jeep’s Active Drive Lock 4x4 System, which features a four-wheel Low mode, rear locker and a Rock setting that can be accessed via the Selec-terrain system. Low range in the Trailhawk’s case is a final drive ratio, allowing it to start in second gear and crawl at a 20:1 ratio. That may not seem like much compared to the Wrangler Rubicon's 73:1, but the feature still puts the Compass ahead of rivals like the Honda HR-V, Subaru Crosstrek, and Nissan Rogue Sport.

Though no vehicle is perfect and the Compass Trailhawk could use a few improvements. Andrew Ganz from Motor Authority thinks the wheel articulation could be better and the 9-speed automatic transmission lets the Compass roll backwards on a slope, around a full wheel rotation.

If you’re looking for a compact vehicle to take on camping or fishing trips, than the Compass Trailhawk could be a possible candidate for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just wish it had more hp... really lags when you step on the gas. Had the Trailhawk for about 3 weeks now and no complaints. Love the ride and the technology features.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Aren't the new ones going to come with a turbo now?
Not in the U.S. so far. Outside U.S. (I'm from Germany) we get the 1.4 MultiAir turbo engine you might know from the Renegade. Don't ask me why Jeep is keeping the MultiAir engine away from the Compass in the U.S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts