My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new Jeep Compass 2018 in March. It started making the chirping noise in May especially when I was going around 60mph and had the AC fan on. After having looked all over the place, I found out it came from the area under the dashboard on the passenger side. I took the car back to the dealership and got the motor blower replaced. Strangely, the noise has come back for several weeks. It happens randomly and usually comes up in the morning after I got the car running. I have brought the car back twice but nothing got fixed because they could not find the noise. On the second time, I drove the car over right away and had a consultant listen to the noise and had a ride with me. Again it was not fixed because the technicians could not find or replicate the noise even the consultant had confirmed the noise was there. This is frustrating.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I dont think they replaced motor blower. I dont know any car part called motor blower. They probably replaced A/C heater fan blower motor. If chirping is coming from the glove box, its the blower motor.

Try turning on AC or heater and put the fan to lowest speed. Blower fans mostly chirp on low speed. If not try other speeds to see if you can make it chirp.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have had my blower motor replaced also. chirping/ clicking noise is what I was getting. Speed of noise was proportional to fan speed. Was happening last winter when cold (under freezing). New one had similar noise a few weeks later, but the spring came and noise was gone for the summer. Figure no need a rush into replacing to potentially another defective batch. Will see how this winter goes...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts