My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. He said they should have the parts ready to ship by Friday. I'm only one state away so I should get them rather quickly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
So there was a delay in shipping (post offices fault) and I finally got the parts and had a chance to install. The whole process took me all of 16 minutes from start to finish, and thats only because I took my time.

The instructions provided by superchan are pretty spot on, but the whole process is easier if you have a trim removal tool set. I highly recommend that everybody own a set of these. They've been a life saver for me over the years. At $10, its a no brainer (Click here)

I would like to add some helpful tips to the original instructions:

For Step 2: Insert the trim tool into the slats (pictured below) and just yank forward. The whole piece will pop out in one shot.

Tool:

Shown on passenger side:

For Step 4: The tabs that hold the hooks in are two different sizes, and correspond to the same size holes in the car. Ive included pics below so you can see what I mean. So when you rotate them 90 degrees, you have to rotate them towards the front of the car, otherwise the tabs won't line up with the correct holes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
L
Interesting. I spent some time googling (is that even a word)? The part number the OP ordered is a superseded part number for a cargo cover for a Jeep Renegade with power tailgate. Which makes absolutely no sense as Renegades , as far as I can tell isn't available with a power tailgate. So I looked up a part number for the same part w/o a power tailgate and came up with 6AA58DX9AB. So I took the chance and ordered the cover, plus the additional parts. I'll update this thread if this fits non power lift gate Compasses.
Attention non power tailgate owners looking to add a cargo cover to your Compass. As a posted a few weeks ago I ordered a non- power tailgate cargo cover for a Renegade ( see my above quoted post above for part number), plus the 2 trim pieces, and the 2 supports that the cover rests on near the tailgate. I'm happy to say it does fit, and installs the same as the others.

I had the same problem with getting the parts. I ordered from Steve White motors who promptly received the cover, supports, and one of the trim pieces. The other trim piece took weeks to get. I received the shipment yesterday.

Thanks to Superchan7 and Dannydeez for doing the homework and sharing it with us

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think I am going to have to do this. I was going to ask about the speakers in the cargo area but I just went out and looked in my Compass and there are no speakers back there.

Also if this is the same as the Renegade, can't we just buy that kit from the dealer?

I am a first time Jeep owner and do not know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered the kit, $98 for the whole thing from my dealer parts counter but its backordered until May.
Pretty good deal on yours, I ordered mine from my dealer in early Dec for $136 and was told it would be here Dec 31. That date didnt happen, got pushed back to Jan 17. That date didnt happen, got pushed back to Jan 25. That date didnt happen, got pushed back until Feb 14. I think you get the point that didnt happen either, now I'm being told May as well. With how many times it is getting pushed back I am starting to lose hope that they are actually producing anymore. The dealer told me there were only 5 other orders for it across the nation the last time I was there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Pretty good deal on yours, I ordered mine from my dealer in early Dec for $136 and was told it would be here Dec 31. That date didnt happen, got pushed back to Jan 17. That date didnt happen, got pushed back to Jan 25. That date didnt happen, got pushed back until Feb 14. I think you get the point that didnt happen either, now I'm being told May as well. With how many times it is getting pushed back I am starting to lose hope that they are actually producing anymore. The dealer told me there were only 5 other orders for it across the nation the last time I was there.
I would guess they are waiting for more orders to do a production run?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I ordered the kit, $98 for the whole thing from my dealer parts counter but its backordered until May.

WOW! I may have to go to the dealers tomorrow and order it. I can wait until May for it to come in.

Did you guys order the "kit" which is listed as one part number for everything? That's been back ordered for a while with no concrete date.

If you're impatient like me, just spend the extra money (was $40 extra when I ordered last month) and order the pieces individually. You'll get it much quicker.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I didn't order it yet. Not getting the warm and fuzzy from the back order stories that I hear on this thread. Probably should order it in pieces online.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you guys order the "kit" which is listed as one part number for everything? That's been back ordered for a while with no concrete date.

If you're impatient like me, just spend the extra money (was $40 extra when I ordered last month) and order the pieces individually. You'll get it much quicker.
I ordered the kit back in December. The dealer told me a few weeks ago the individual pieces weren't in stock either. Plus they said it was going to be $240 which is ridiculous. Where did you guys order from that already got them?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I ordered the kit back in December. The dealer told me a few weeks ago the individual pieces weren't in stock either. Plus they said it was going to be $240 which is ridiculous. Where did you guys order from that already got them?

I ordered from the same place as the original poster of this thread did. Mopar Parts Counter in CT. They are a dealer that knows the value of selling parts so they don't rip us off like most places. I paid $162 shipped for everything. They even emailed me to let me know that I needed to order 2 brackets instead of 1 (was an early typo in the original post). Edit: I just ran all the part numbers again. Total is $147.41 plus shipping. Tell your dealer to take a hike with their $240 price quote.

https://www.moparpartscounter.com is the website.

·
Registered
166 Posts
L

Attention non power tailgate owners looking to add a cargo cover to your Compass. As a posted a few weeks ago I ordered a non- power tailgate cargo cover for a Renegade ( see my above quoted post above for part number), plus the 2 trim pieces, and the 2 supports that the cover rests on near the tailgate. I'm happy to say it does fit, and installs the same as the others.

I had the same problem with getting the parts. I ordered from Steve White motors who promptly received the cover, supports, and one of the trim pieces. The other trim piece took weeks to get. I received the shipment yesterday.

Thanks to Superchan7 and Dannydeez for doing the homework and sharing it with us
Seems funny that the non power tailgate cargo cover is $5.50 more that the powered tailgate cargo cover. Is there that much of a difference between the two cargo covers? Has anyone with a non powered tailgate ordered the powered tailgate cover? If so, has it worked?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seems funny that the non power tailgate cargo cover is $5.50 more that the powered tailgate cargo cover. Is there that much of a difference between the two cargo covers? Has anyone with a non powered tailgate ordered the powered tailgate cover? If so, has it worked?
The power tailgate cover has a half moon shaped cut out on the drivers side of the cover, for power tailgate actuator. Where the non powered one doesn't. Install a powered cover in a non powered Compass will result in a nice sized gap.

If you go to post 4 and 5 of this thread you'll see a good pic of the cut out(post 4) and the bump out (post 5)

21 - 40 of 103 Posts