My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was anyone here able to negotiate from invoice on a new order or did you end up paying full msrp on your new order.

Thanks in advance - PM if you dont want this info public.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would target invoice plus 5 or 600.

Looking at the offers I got, you can look at it this way too, target 5.5% off the sticker.

They still get a holdback so they do make money at invoice, but there is no room to sell them AT invoice from all the guys I talked to.

We didn't pay MSRP. Reduction actually was about 1500 off sticker, this was on an order - limited auto 4X4.

Make sure you settle admin fees / candy coat / over coat / under coat / anti theft beforehand as well.

p.s. if any of you are getting screwed around by a dealer, I can provide you a number of a guy in ontario to call who is very good. For factory orders he should be able to get the vehicle delivered wherever you wanted for just the normal destination. I don't get any sort of kickbacks by the way. It may work it may not. Ive got a deposit with him now as well.

I just hate to hear about people getting ripped off by sales people. If your salesman won't work on the price, walk off the lot!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I should have mentioned, we didnt' trade anything in.

they offered us 4500 for my g/fs civic which we sold privately for 7250. :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pricing

I paid about $600 over invoice with no trade in on 4X2 Sport North, CVT, Driver Convenience Group, Security Group Sunroof.
I was also very firm in declining all the Etching/Clearcoat/GAP Insurance etc that they try to add on.
I did walk away from a couple of dealers who wouldn't budge on not taking the add-ons off. Also 4X2 with North Package are hard to come by (see available inventory on jeep.ca) so the dealers are less willing to negotiate.

Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts