My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have installed factory mud flaps? I just picked mine up tonight from my friend who is parts mgr. at a Jepp dealer. 34.00 a pair. That sounded reasonable to me. Are they hard to install? Do you have to remove the tires?

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
No idea...........mine came with the truck ............

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've worked with my wholesaler on them a few times. They usually remove the tire for working room then just use self tapping screws to screw the mud flaps to the body. Sometimes you have to drill holes in the flaps but it's not a really hard job.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Not hard at all but make sure they are level.

eze.... I had never heard of Olathe before so I Googled it and the first thing to pop up was the Children of the trails statue.
Bet those covered wagons did not have mud flaps.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flaps are installed. Not hard at all I didn't have to take the wheels off. I have a small angle air drill. Worked perfectly. Only took about a 1/2 hour for all 4. You do have to drill into the metal lip of the front fender so I squeezed a dap of RTV sealant in the hole to prevent rust and then put the screw in. The screw does have some kind of sealant on the threads but I figured the RTV couldn't hurt. I will try and post some pics.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not hard at all but make sure they are level.

eze.... I had never heard of Olathe before so I Googled it and the first thing to pop up was the Children of the trails statue.
Bet those covered wagons did not have mud flaps.
Awh yes a city full of historic culture.. thats kinda funny cause I have never googled my city so I did and learned a couple things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts