My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new 2018 Compass Limited and was considering adding the OEM mud guards. Wondering what current owners feel about how well the wheel wells protect the fender paint without them. I assume the OEM would have a good fit and finish. Anyone with first hand knowledge?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Worth every penny to me. Fit well and look good IMO

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I, too, have the Mopar flaps. They are made in China, WAY overpriced for what they are. That said, they do fit nice and help keep the gunk off the sides of the Jeep. I think I paid $35ish per set. The stupid plastic snaps they came with went in the garbage. I bolted mine up. They are not going any place.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I, too, have the Mopar flaps. They are made in China, WAY overpriced for what they are. That said, they do fit nice and help keep the gunk off the sides of the Jeep. I think I paid $35ish per set. The stupid plastic snaps they came with went in the garbage. I bolted mine up. They are not going any place.
I did the same thing... trashed the plastic "rivets" and bolted mine in. I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Only good if you never plan on going off pavement. If you do, you'll just end up breaking them.
Correct assessment. My Latitude was not good off pavement, which is why two weeks ago it went away. But, I do miss the seats, MPGs, and the sporty feel of the 6spd shifter in it. Just can't afford two at once.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts