My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new 2018 Compass Limited and was considering adding the OEM mud guards. Wondering what current owners feel about how well the wheel wells protect the fender paint without them. I assume the OEM would have a good fit and finish. Anyone with first hand knowledge?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Worth every penny to me. Fit well and look good IMO

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I, too, have the Mopar flaps. They are made in China, WAY overpriced for what they are. That said, they do fit nice and help keep the gunk off the sides of the Jeep. I think I paid $35ish per set. The stupid plastic snaps they came with went in the garbage. I bolted mine up. They are not going any place.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I, too, have the Mopar flaps. They are made in China, WAY overpriced for what they are. That said, they do fit nice and help keep the gunk off the sides of the Jeep. I think I paid $35ish per set. The stupid plastic snaps they came with went in the garbage. I bolted mine up. They are not going any place.
I did the same thing... trashed the plastic "rivets" and bolted mine in. I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Only good if you never plan on going off pavement. If you do, you'll just end up breaking them.
Correct assessment. My Latitude was not good off pavement, which is why two weeks ago it went away. But, I do miss the seats, MPGs, and the sporty feel of the 6spd shifter in it. Just can't afford two at once.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got a new 2018 Compass Limited and was considering adding the OEM mud guards. Wondering what current owners feel about how well the wheel wells protect the fender paint without them. I assume the OEM would have a good fit and finish. Anyone with first hand knowledge?

Thanks for any input.

mud flaps XD rims and 1” spacers

·
Registered
94 Posts
Your better off going to eBay for a set of mudguards. I paid $25 for a set of front and rear Orem fit mudguards that even had the Jeep logo imprinted on them. No drilling required.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It was hard to spend the money the OEM's wanted, especially being made in China! I oped for a generic (E Bay) Chinese version for $25 for the whole set! Identical to the OEM's, and they fit beautifully....Just no logo.
DSCN1354.JPG

Also kinda hides the offset rear wheel, 😁

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello:
I believe that the 2020 Jeep Compass had a change to the Rear Passenger Side Inner Wheel Well Housing and that is why you can not find REAR mud/splash guards listed for the 2020.
You can use the 2018-2019 mud flaps with a little trimming. as it is only the Passenger Rear side .
I have posted some picture on what I did to fit them to my wife's 2020 Compass.
These are Factory OEM mud flaps/splash guards. :)

Hopes this helps someone with a 2020 Compass.

Note; there is NO need to modify the mud flap itself, just the Wheel Well Housing(y)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the OEM Mud Flaps and very happy with them.
Hello:
I believe that the 2020 Jeep Compass had a change to the Rear Passenger Side Inner Wheel Well Housing and that is why you can not find REAR mud/splash guards listed for the 2020.
You can use the 2018-2019 mud flaps with a little trimming. as it is only the Passenger Rear side .
I have posted some picture on what I did to fit them to my wife's 2020 Compass.
These are Factory OEM mud flaps/splash guards. :)

Hopes this helps someone with a 2020 Compass.

Note; there is NO need to modify the mud flap itself, just the Wheel Well Housing(y)
I have a 2019 and had to do the same thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2019 and had to do the same thing.
Thanks for that info :) I thought it was just the 2020 that it didn't fit. Nobody lists it for a 2020
Mopar Part No.: 82214643AE

Vehicle Fitment
This product fits the following MP Jeep models:
YEARMAKEMODEL
2019JeepCompass
2018JeepCompass
2017JeepCompass

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for any input.
I really like the way the mudguards look, but living in Chicago, I noticed that during the winter snow get severly packed in there & affects my steering. And it's a pain to remove.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts