My Jeep Compass Forum banner

My 2019 Compass Trailhawk build so far

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Shuto Compass Limited 
#1 ·
Hey so here's a bit of background. I had a Patriot before and it was wrecked so I ended up getting a Compass Trailhawk to replace it.
Now I never really leave things stock, and this was no exception. I started off by adding 1" wheel adapters to space out the wheels a touch and allow me to hang a tire on the wheel studs when swapping winter tires/summer tires, instead of fighting with the lug bolts. this also allowed me to run Cherokee KL steel wheels in the winter. without the spacers, they rubbed on the calipers.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I Also sometimes have a hard time limiting my trips to highways, or back roads ..... even fire access roads. So as a bone stock rig I had it out doing some fairly impressive stuff for the tiny little vehicle it is. I also have years of offroading experience behind me from building 4x4s, wheeling rock crawlers, traveling internationally with rigs to run different trails, multiple years on offroad events and trail guiding... so I can usually look quickly at a trail and decide if its worth the risk.
Plant Plant community Tire Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Car

So knowing that I will likely continue dragging this thing through trails, I installed a Rough Country 2" lift.
Before:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

After:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

I also bought some new Firestone Destination AT2 tires in a 235/65R17 size and Mounted them on some RTX Summit OE Replica wheels to fill the wheel wells back up.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
.... Then things took an " overland "style turn. I had my rock crawler at an offroad even that I have been attending for years, but they recently changed the venue and had no showers... I was working as a volunteer for 4 days and it was HOT. I had to find a river to bath in lol. Then on the way home the brakes seized, and though I was able to get it home I am waiting on parts that are taking months to arrive... and I had another event coming up.
I knew that there was going to be no showers at the next event so I added one to the roof.
Sky Car Tire Vehicle Wheel

I also knew that there were going to be some rougher trails, wet conditions and unmaintained bridges to cross on my route. Some of the bridges are used mostly by snowmobiles and ATVs and don't really connect to the trail edge and have large gaps between the trail and bridge, and can also have fairly large step up to get to the bridge platform from the trail. Since my crawler was still waiting on parts, the compass had to get me there. I added mounts for my traction boards in hopes that they would help me get to where I needed to go.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Then I loaded up and headed for the abandoned runway ( that for the weekend would no be abandoned at all! lol)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Automotive side marker light Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Tent

I get set up and the next day hit the trails
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Plant Water Tree Train Fluvial landforms of streams

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Plant Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Car Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

#6 ·
Hey so here's a bit of background. I had a Patriot before and it was wrecked so I ended up getting a Compass Trailhawk to replace it.
Now I never really leave things stock, and this was no exception. I started off by adding 1" wheel adapters to space out the wheels a touch and allow me to hang a tire on the wheel studs when swapping winter tires/summer tires, instead of fighting with the lug bolts. this also allowed me to run Cherokee KL steel wheels in the winter. without the spacers, they rubbed on the calipers.
View attachment 16736
I Also sometimes have a hard time limiting my trips to highways, or back roads ..... even fire access roads. So as a bone stock rig I had it out doing some fairly impressive stuff for the tiny little vehicle it is. I also have years of offroading experience behind me from building 4x4s, wheeling rock crawlers, traveling internationally with rigs to run different trails, multiple years on offroad events and trail guiding... so I can usually look quickly at a trail and decide if its worth the risk.
View attachment 16739
View attachment 16738
View attachment 16737
So knowing that I will likely continue dragging this thing through trails, I installed a Rough Country 2" lift.
Before:
View attachment 16743
After:
View attachment 16742
I also bought some new Firestone Destination AT2 tires in a 235/65R17 size and Mounted them on some RTX Summit OE Replica wheels to fill the wheel wells back up.
View attachment 16745

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.