My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my new Jeep Sport. I really couldn't be happier with the purchase. It's a peppy little 4 banger that does the job. Only thing was it came with steel rims and a couple of my coworkers actually thought someone stole my hubcaps LoL.

I've gone down the rabbit hole customizing sports cars and I'm quite happy to say I'm done customizing this Sport! (Total cost: $240 tint + $420 new rims and swap= $660.)

My inexpensive solution to the steel rims was to find a decent alloy replacement rim in the same size as the 16" rim that come standard on the Sport. A local tint shop that tinted my windows sold rims too and offered me these TOUREN rims for $150 each but I was able to find the exact same rim at Walmart of all places for $90 each, no tax and free delivery. PepBoys swapped them out for $60! Happy Days!! LoL

Anyway, Heres a few pic's of the Jeep and the old rim vs the new rim...

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looks Great! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
looks great..my daughter is looking for rims too for her 18 Compass.
She has the Sport model and 16" tires.....can you post the mfgr info/ model so we can look them up here...Thanks so much

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the same model, still rocking the steel "rims" though. Definitely need to get an upgrade like those you have there. Looks awesome!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your Sport looks great, Katrinacop. I've been down the same rabbit hole a couple of different time too lol. You didn't spend ridiculous kinds of money though so I'm really impressed with how it looks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Love my new Jeep Sport. I really couldn't be happier with the purchase. It's a peppy little 4 banger that does the job. Only thing was it came with steel rims and a couple of my coworkers actually thought someone stole my hubcaps LoL.

I've gone down the rabbit hole customizing sports cars and I'm quite happy to say I'm done customizing this Sport! (Total cost: $240 tint + $420 new rims and swap= $660.)

My inexpensive solution to the steel rims was to find a decent alloy replacement rim in the same size as the 16" rim that come standard on the Sport. A local tint shop that tinted my windows sold rims too and offered me these TOUREN rims for $150 each but I was able to find the exact same rim at Walmart of all places for $90 each, no tax and free delivery. PepBoys swapped them out for $60! Happy Days!! LoL

Anyway, Heres a few pic's of the Jeep and the old rim vs the new rim...

Didn’t you consider replacing the stock tires for bigger diameter ones? I think a 1” more diameter tires fit well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts