My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Looking forward to getting to know some people with similar interests. I just purchased a new 2015 High Altitude for my daily driver. I usually look for an AWD with good fuel mileage. In Nebraska sometimes the winters can be strong. I traded in a 2012 AWD Escape with 18k. It was my second Escape that rusted away in a hurry. Between rust and poor dealer warranty work I decided to look at Jeeps. I went to look at a used Jeep but drove home with a new one after six hours of intense negotiating. So far I really like it (all 320 miles). The road noise seems loud at highway speeds but I may be able to get used to it. I just hope the body holds together longer than the Ford Escape.

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
What are the factory tires? If they are wrangler sra's they are quite loud, otherwise you should enjoy your compass. I have a 2012 and love it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tires are Kumho all season. All reviews say they are quiet. Most of the noise is along the sides, the wind around the mirrors.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know! I think some of my first projects may be the addition of front tow hooks, rack bars, and a trailer hitch. All would help to transport a canoe or 2 man kayak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts