My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my new Compass had finally arrived at the dealership I enjoyed already one week in my new Compass. Totally happy and satisfied so far. Made a 4K video about her:

·
Registered
27 Posts
So are they using the same paint code as different colors in different countries? I’m in the US and have a laser blue compass with paint code PBJ.

·
Registered
398 Posts
So are they using the same paint code as different colors in different countries? I’m in the US and have a laser blue compass with paint code PBJ.
If i am not mistaken, EU models are made in India and north american models are made in mexico. Maybe that is the reason

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If i am not mistaken, EU models are made in India and north american models are made in mexico. Maybe that is the reason
Nope, the European models are produced in Toluca as well. Only British models are made in India due to RHD.
Jeep's Laser Blue color is a color that is difficult to catch with a camera. It lives up to it's reputation in direct sunlight.
So maby that's why the Laser Blue looks so different in different pictures that it only seems to be a different color.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nope, the European models are produced in Toluca as well. Only British models are made in India due to RHD.
Jeep's Laser Blue color is a color that is difficult to catch with a camera. It lives up to it's reputation in direct sunlight.
So maby that's why the Laser Blue looks so different in different pictures that it only seems to be a different color.

If you check the Canadian Jeep website you will see that there are 2 tones of blue: one is called Laser blue and the other one is Jazz blue which is darker.
The Jazz blue is what I think is called Pacific blue in South America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you check the Canadian Jeep website you will see that there are 2 tones of blue: one is called Laser blue and the other one is Jazz blue which is darker.
The Jazz blue is what I think is called Pacific blue in South America.

This makes sense, the Jazz Blue is also available here and it's way darker than the Laser Blue.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You are quite right about the split between Mexico & India being LHD/RHD but this does mean that in Europe it is not only British and that also Irish, Cypriot, Maltese, etc cars are also built in India.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my compass is laser blue as well but agree that pictures really dont do it justice. it looks different depending on the amount of light that hits it. in fact i was not even considering a blue compass till i saw it at the dealership. def gets the most compliments.

·
Registered
97 Posts
This makes sense, the Jazz Blue is also available here and it's way darker than the Laser Blue.

These blues are actually iridescent colors so they change the tone according to the different lighting they are exposed to. If you see the color in natural light or exposed to the sun, it will be a lot more yellowish than with artificial lighting, cold or warm lighting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts