My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Psh, anytime I pull up next to a first gen I see them looking over at my sexy 2nd-gen body, so I roll down the window and ask them "Is that a CVT next to your pants, or are you just happy to see me?" :eyebrows:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I ask the second gens, how much oil did you burn today? hahaah. I think it's a terrible design. Looks like a Kia, not a Jeep. You might as well have gotten yourself a Hyundai SUV with those looks. Also it's made in Mexico unlike the 1st gen which is made in the USA. Way to go FIAT. 1st gen is much more modifiable like a Jeep. Second gens have got nothing on this:

·
Registered
398 Posts
I ask the second gens, how much oil did you burn today? hahaah. I think it's a terrible design. Looks like a Kia, not a Jeep. You might as well have gotten yourself a Hyundai SUV with those looks. Also it's made in Mexico unlike the 1st gen which is made in the USA. Way to go FIAT. 1st gen is much more modifiable like a Jeep. Second gens have got nothing on this:

And I ask you How many subframes and CVTs have you replaced lol? :D 1st gen is basically based on the dodge caliber and had the terrible CVT transmission. I think it should be illegal to call a car a Jeep if it has a CVT, lol who takes a CVT to off-roading, it can barely keep working for 70k miles on asphalt.

IMO 1st gen patriot and compass is one of the reason why Daimler Chrysler got bankrupt and bought by FCA. At least Fiat is a component company that didn't get bankrupt 3 times in 30 years.

Of course it is more modifiable. You are comparing the aftermarket parts/mods for a car that is released 10+ years ago vs. 2 years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts