My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Same with my touchup paint! Doesn't look exactly like the car I have Jeep Green, but it only looks the same at one angle. All the other angles you can see 3 swipe marks like I took Nail Polish to it! I was so made.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Webmaster, if it were me, I would be hopping mad! Have you contacted Jeep to see what they might have to say about this? Perhaps if enough other people are having the same problem, something could get done about it. I really don't think anyone should have to touchup paint their car when it is still so new. That just doesn't seem right. I mean, if I hit a rock or scratch my car, then that is on me, but your problem doesn't seem to be from anything you are doing or not doing?!?

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Webmaster, if it were me, I would be hopping mad! Have you contacted Jeep to see what they might have to say about this? Perhaps if enough other people are having the same problem, something could get done about it. I really don't think anyone should have to touchup paint their car when it is still so new. That just doesn't seem right. I mean, if I hit a rock or scratch my car, then that is on me, but your problem doesn't seem to be from anything you ar

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Sorry about the double post. Didn't realize I had clicked that fast!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My paint hasn't quite chipped off yet, however on my front passenger door, underneath the handle, there is a part of the paint that is starting to protrude out in a star shape. As if something underneath the paint is coming up, and it is cracking the paint.

When i took my jeep to the dealer for an oil change, I asked them to look at the "star" and they told me that they would re-paint my door and that it is covered under my warranty (I purchased the compass in August 2006)

so now all i have to do is set up an appointment. Anyone else having any paint issues?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just purchased a new 2008 Jeep Compass and I noticed that there is a bit of over spray in one of the seems. Basically it looks like a paint flap is coming out of it. Its hard to explain but ill try and take a picture of it and post it. Its small, maybe a centimeter in length.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts