My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install an aftermarket double din nav unit into my wifes 2007 compass. What exactly do I need?

I all ready bought the double din bezel from just for jeeps, and i know that the installation kit that i need is the METRA 99-6510.

What else do i need?

1) Nav Bezel
2) METRA 99-6510
3) Antenna Adapter
4) ?
5) ?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I got these parts:
Metra 40-CR10 - Antenna Adapter
Metra 99-6510 - Double DIN Dash Kit
82211589 - Jeep Compass REC Radio Installation Kit

What specific harness do i need to get though, every post i see that has anything to do with this posts something different. Can some one please help me.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill be installing it all next weekend. Ill be putting in the pioneer x710bt. I hope i got everything.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Good luck and try to take some pic of your install...........and you'll be able to post them when you reach the magic number of 15 posts......

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Nope not yet...........You need 15 posts.......as we want to protect from hackers and fly by nights...............

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got ya, well the picture i posted was the "Peripheral CHYAH05" i got it for only $30 shipped off of ebay. I hope it is the right part that i need. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i got it all installed today. It was somewhat easy to do. The only pain is the air controls on that center bezel piece. Other than that is was pretty simple. Also it was hard to find a place to put the microphone, so for now its attached to the dome light. Looks pretty good. I would post pictures but they wont show up until i have more posts. So i guess ill post up pics some time later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts