My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a 2018 Compass Trailhawk yesterday and the fob we were given has just the lock, unlock and panic buttons.

Can anyone tell me if I can order a new fob with the additional buttons that work? I have run the vin decoder and it has plenty of options. I don’t know what info to give for you to answer my question, so please ask away and I’ll do whatever I can to help you answer my question!

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would guess that remote start would be the easiest to add. Many people use aftermarket systems from third party installers to add remote start. I'm thinking that everything needed for a factory remote would already be in the vehicle, just unused (ie: the starter motor, the car's computer, a receiver for the remote signal.)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would guess that remote start would be the easiest to add. Many people use aftermarket systems from third party installers to add remote start. I'm thinking that everything needed for a factory remote would already be in the vehicle, just unused (ie: the starter motor, the car's computer, a receiver for the remote signal.)
I had my installed by the dealer so I didn't need to have a diffent 3rd party fob. They had to install something for the remote start. I have a Jeep fob with remote start button.

Reactions: Stumpy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts