My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so glad i found this site!!! so my rear bumper trim on my 07 jeep compass started looking like crap faded chemical stained ect. so i decided to re paint it. preped with adhesion promoter then gave it 3 coats of trim paint. personally i think it looks great.. now i came across the silver bumper piece avaliable on the full loaded compasses. i thought it would look good black. the piece only cost me 50$:) but i don't know if im sold on it i need opinions. im thinking it would look ok when i take my advertisement off the window. i need your suggestions. im going for a blacked out look. the first pic is the before of the trim

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting.... .need to highlight the Compass name.

by the way WELCOME zman!

hmm ok thats a great idea... and thanks. i have a bunch of things to share with the forum. plan on posting away tmrw when i have time.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Welcome and keep them coming...........like CL said you need to emphasize a bit of the Compass name............

My 2 cents

·
Registered
381 Posts
It looks ok but it is missing something. I would have to agree with CL and FFL. I've gone black on all my accessories as well so if you're looking for some ideas I have various pieces on mine already.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Like the black, looks good, and as far as highlighting the Compass name/logo, since you have the khaki metallic, which was the color I was fond of, go to your dealer, pick up the touch-up paint, and with some time and patience, inlay the letters with the paint, that way you keep with the black, Compass stands out and it still matches your Jeep! Just a thought....:)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
381 Posts
I thought that too but I say that too many times so I didn't want to say it first :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree wtih Cherokee, I think that look pretty nice with "Compass" filled in with the tan.
hmm im going to try it i have a mopar paint pen/brush!

·
Registered
29 Posts
When your done practicing on yours???? You can add me to your list!!
Lets see how you do....

Beware of my deer

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yeah, you definitely have to post up some pics when you're done so we can see the results! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, you definitely have to post up some pics when you're done so we can see the results! :)

- Cherokee
pics coming tmrw when i install it it was a bitch to do im still not 100% done but i think it looks good teaser pic up later tonight:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well??

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yeah, guess we're getting teased about the teaser pic, lol! I really wanna see what it looks like! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pics up tmrw i had my jeep rust sprayed and there was oil drippin i didnt want the oil to ruin the freshly painted piece! i need to wash my jeep and stick it on. pics tmrw

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
So you did get it finished? Awesome! Looking forward to the pics!!!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So you did get it finished? Awesome! Looking forward to the pics!!!

- Cherokee

we got a **** load of rain and snow so i didnt put it on it was in the back seat awaiting hopefully tmrw.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I know the feeling! It hasn't stopped raining here in 3 days! I will need a boat....er canoe if this keeps up! It's absolutely miserable, and I know what all of you north of the border are gonna say haha, but yesterday we didn't even get out of the 40's F, that is very cold for here, lol! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I know the feeling! It hasn't stopped raining here in 3 days! I will need a boat....er canoe if this keeps up! It's absolutely miserable, and I know what all of you north of the border are gonna say haha, but yesterday we didn't even get out of the 40's F, that is very cold for here, lol! :)

- Cherokee
brutal it was -7 c (correction 19F). i have to wash the jeep again as its covered in salt

1 - 20 of 38 Posts