My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just bought a red jeep compass limited. Quite excited, but am having trouble with the manual with regards to lane assistance. Can anyone explain the different colors that appear on the dash? A fun car but definitely different from my 2008 highlander!!! Any tips to be shared on the car in general, would be appreciated!!! Thx....

·
Registered
198 Posts
nice to meet you and welcome, I do not have a limited so I can not help you with your color issue. We have limited and trailhawk users here so I am sure someone will help you out :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi and welcome

I have a limited version from what I have seen so far there are three states, green = reading ok and moving within lanes, orange = crossing lane, white = enabled but not reading lanes. In most of the cases I have it disabled though as I don't drive that much of highway and its pull gets annoying within city traffic

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

·
966 Posts
Welcome to the site! Glad to have you on board.

Can't help with that feature. My is a simple as I could get it; I would have gotten simpler if I could have found one. Is a Jeep and oughtta be bare bones.

Only tip is to watch your oil consumption. These new engines use a lot, especially early on. I doubt you'll make your first oil change without adding a quart, maybe more. I'm at 22,000 and consumption seems to have dropped to about 3000 miles/quart.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Apostolis has it right.

- Grey means the system is off.
- White means the system is on but not active. Usually this happens when it can't find the lane markers or heavy traffic is interfering with its ability to scan the roadway.
- Green means the system is active but isn't doing anything.
- Orange means the system is active and is making corrections because you're drifting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts