My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got the new Compass the day before Thanksgiving (2017). Everything is great, no problems what so ever until I tried to fill up. It just clicks off no matter how slow, it took several mins. at least 10 mins. and I ended up with a 3/4 filled tank. So I am doing something wrong? Is this a defect, or what?

Update : It was the pump at the gas station. I just used a different pump at the same gas station and it was fine.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome! I answered you in someone else's thread but in case anyone runs across this while searching, I have had the fueling issue and find if I simply don't jam the fill nozzle all the way down then it fills without issue. Mine also seems to prefer the handle ****ed at an angle while filling.

·
Registered
24 Posts
this happened to me in our Infiniti. some pumps are different I think..or maybe just the way we put it in initially. don't put the whole nozzle down and see how that works (this almost always goes off for me without a hitch).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to the same Shell gas station but used a different pump, and everything was fine. I guess it was the pump. I am perfectly happy with my new Compass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts