My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glad to hear that. It gives me hope that this one can be repaired. It is very nice during the day but at night it is useless. Not just dark but black.
The service people at the dealership were concerned and helpful. One guy showed me the “Display Brightness Nightime” adjustment but it was grayed out and not adjustable and he didn’t understand why. Another person came out and wrote down a number and will do some research to see if it a known problem.

·
Administrator
2,283 Posts
Glad to hear that. It gives me hope that this one can be repaired. It is very nice during the day but at night it is useless. Not just dark but black.
The service people at the dealership were concerned and helpful. One guy showed me the “Display Brightness Nightime” adjustment but it was grayed out and not adjustable and he didn’t understand why. Another person came out and wrote down a number and will do some research to see if it a known problem.
Sounds like you've got a legitimate problem. My back-up camera is fine in the dark -- I'd say remarkable. At least your dealer is showing concern and working on a solution for you. Nothing is more frustrating than hearing "It's normal" when you know you've got a problem.

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Compass TH
6 Posts
Uconnect 5 has been buggy for me and it isn't quite as intuitive as I would of thought, hopefully with an update they will fix these issues and maybe make the UI a little more user friendly (not that surprised being the first software version on a new OS) Ive learned that certain features are only useable or selectable during certain times. The display brightness is adjustable if you put it in manual and it is that time of day. For instance, during daytime, you will find "daytime brightness" is selectable and you can adjust up or down. Nighttime is only selectable during nighttime. I have found that once you select/adjust these in manual mode, and then switch it back to automatic, your settings will save on whatever number you selected on Manual mode. Hope this saves you a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks. I switched to automatic and even though it was grayed out, it showed 10 for the night time setting. I took the vehicle to a place with no artificial light and the same thing can’t see the road at all. There is a sliver of the back of the car that shows up well on the bottom of the screen. The steam of the exhaust can be seen as well as reflection of plants barely. I’d be in a world of hurt if I had to actually back up. Need more lumens from the backup lights. Lots more.

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Compass TH
6 Posts
Thanks. I switched to automatic and even though it was grayed out, it showed 10 for the night time setting. I took the vehicle to a place with no artificial light and the same thing can’t see the road at all. There is a sliver of the back of the car that shows up well on the bottom of the screen. The steam of the exhaust can be seen as well as reflection of plants barely. I’d be in a world of hurt if I had to actually back up. Need more lumens from the backup lights. Lots more.
Glad you were able to turn the brightness up, but yeah I agree it sounds like these back up cameras need a bit more light to look decent. I had a 2019 Wrangler Sahara prior to this Compass and the back up lights were efficient enough to illuminate my back up camera (not sure if it was the bulb brightness or if the camera quality was better).

I spent sometime yesterday after reading your post looking up threads related to replacement bulbs. I will be buying new ones for my reverse lights as well as brighter led bulbs for my interior. I had seen this brand on amazon mentioned a few times
Amazon.com

I think that its worth a shot on some of these cheaper brands to see if they work well, but if you are more the type to buy more expensive well trusted brands then by all means go that route. Im hoping the extra lumens on these will increase clarity.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That would of been my first recommendation if you would of said you wanted to see into the next county while going in reverse. My bad. 😂
[/
I looked at the standard bulb and found it to be incandescent 21 watt light incandescent rather than LED.
I’ve been trying to compare LED replacement bulbs. Problem is that most listings don’t give the information that I need: Color in kelvin (K) and lumens. Super bright, high brightness and extremely bright is meaningless. I ran into this problem a few years ago too. All they have to say is 5000K, 1500 Lumens or whatever the exact spec is. Am I the only one bothered by this?

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Altitude 4x4
80 Posts
I looked at the standard bulb and found it to be incandescent 21 watt light incandescent rather than LED.
I’ve been trying to compare LED replacement bulbs. Problem is that most listings don’t give the information that I need: Color in kelvin (K) and lumens. Super bright, high brightness and extremely bright is meaningless. I ran into this problem a few years ago too. All they have to say is 5000K, 1500 Lumens or whatever the exact spec is. Am I the only one bothered by this?
Give these a look, output is 1500LM and you can choose between 5K or 6K. They are on the expensive side but sometimes you can find them running a 10% or 20% off sale. No listings for 2021 or 2022 but guessing Jeep is using the same 7440 bulb they did in the 2020? I have these exact bulbs in 5K for my 2016 MX-5, they are bright and IMO worth the money.

VLEDs

OEM Halogen
Lighting Shade Wood Asphalt Automotive exterior

VLEDs
Atmosphere Cloud Sky Azure Shade

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, new 2022 Jeep Compass owner. I hope to get a lot of questions answered here and be able to help others also.
What trim level did you get? I just traded in my 2018 Compass Latitude for the 2022 limited. I waited 5 months for my order only to find out Chrysler downgraded the rims because the ones they’re still showing on Jeep.com and all the marketing materials apparently aren’t available anymore. The dealer talked to their Chrysler rep and said this happened to a number of people and weren’t informed of the change when it happened. I didn’t make a big stink about it but the rims I got are ugly by comparison.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Give these a look, output is 1500LM and you can choose between 5K or 6K. They are on the expensive side but sometimes you can find them running a 10% or 20% off sale. No listingsT for 2021 or 2022 but guessing Jeep is using the same 7440 bulb they did in the 2020? I have these exact bulbs in 5K for my 2016 MX-5, they are bright and IMO worth the money.

VLEDs

OEM Halogen
View attachment 15895

VLEDs
View attachment 15896
They look like good ones and provide the information that I want. But with the others not giving that information, I still can’t compare. I like the point made where the LEDs are centered where the filament is on a standard bulb but since they don’t wrap around 360 degrees there might be dark spots.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What trim level did you get? I just traded in my 2018 Compass Latitude for the 2022 limited. I waited 5 months for my order only to find out Chrysler downgraded the rims because the ones they’re still showing on Jeep.com and all the marketing materials apparently aren’t available anymore. The dealer talked to their Chrysler rep and said this happened to a number of people and weren’t informed of the change when it happened. I didn’t make a big stink about it but the rims I got are ugly by comparison.
Five months? Is that what you were expecting when you placed your order? Did you pay in full when you ordered? The GM dealership would not give me a delivery time if I ordered. The Ford dealership said that they could guarantee three months.

Perhaps Jeep could compensate you $500 for the disappointing wheels.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
782 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Altitude 4x4
80 Posts
As others have mentioned, I would say something. Dealer might be of no help so I'd call Corporate and hopefully they would give you some kind of credit towards the purchase of other OEM wheels that are currently available. Or maybe cash that you can pocket or use towards aftermarket wheels.

They look like good ones and provide the information that I want. But with the others not giving that information, I still can’t compare. I like the point made where the LEDs are centered where the filament is on a standard bulb but since they don’t wrap around 360 degrees there might be dark spots.
True, no real way to compare but at least they list the specs so you know what you are getting with their product. I haven't noticed any dark spots while using them but then again, they aren't used for a long period so I don't see that as being a big issue.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts