My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

First let me thank you for the terrific information. We found all your posts useful in making the decision to purchase our new 2007 Compass.

New, 2007, black, e package w/the good sound system, power windows, locks, etc. CVT trans. The only thing it didnt have that I like is the sunroof. Oh well. The year end incentives were VERY generous and enabled us to land about 6k south of msrp, so we were very happy.

So far it's everything we wanted. Plenty of cargo space for our roadtrips. Gas mileage has improved well with time. Our first tank netted us ~ 20mpg in mixed driving. For our second tankfull we did a 300 mile trip and landed in at jsut over 25mpg. The trip back had a fair amount of stop and go traffic, but we still got a nice 26.1mpg. Hopefully MPG will continue to improve as we complete break-in.

We have yet to recieve our lifetime warranty info, but I think that's just a good excuse to call HQ and hopefully land a nice $50 like some of you have managed.

I'm a car nut, and will likely look into modding sooner than later (as long as wifey isn't looking).

Thanks for letting me in

Tony

·
Registered
44 Posts
haha, you are going to regret getting black. Mine is black also, always looks dirty. I guess its a beauty and a curse color. :p

·
Registered
656 Posts
Black is beautiful!

Dirtball said:
haha, you are going to regret getting black. Mine is black also, always looks dirty. I guess its a beauty and a curse color. :p
Aww-come on, YOU GOTTA WASH IT!
A black car always looks good. Good dirty and great clean!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: Black is beautiful!

i2canoe said:
Dirtball said:
Aww-come on, YOU GOTTA WASH IT!
A black car always looks good. Good dirty and great clean!
Oh trust me, mine gets a wash every week or so don't worry. ;D

It just sucks though, looks beautifully awesome after u wash it and clean it...but it takes it over night to look like hell.(especially in the spring time with all the pollin) :(

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have the Jeep Green and it still needs to washed every week. Although right now thats not happening with all the snow slush on the streets. It would be dirty again before I left the car wash parking lot.

·
Registered
656 Posts
rommel543 said:
I have the Jeep Green and it still needs to washed every week. Although right now thats not happening with all the snow slush on the streets. It would be dirty again before I left the car wash parking lot.
Aren't our Canadian winters wonderful? :?: EH? :wink:

·
Registered
204 Posts
i2canoe said:
Aren't our Canadian winters wonderful? :?: EH? :wink:
Hey they finally plowed the streets today,.. exposing the ice underneath :cry: and pushed it up all onto the sidewalk :x

I know that it is already the end of November and it should be expected but it still sux.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's finally cold down here by the water in RI. We even saw a couple flakes yesterday morning, but they didn't reach the ground. Hopefully I can use the 4x4 this year. But I won't mind if I skip it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts