My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing it's me but I can't seem to get the remote start to work. I press the button 2x like it says on the remote but it doesn't always work. They I get to the door and it starts. When I get in put in reverse, it stalls. First trip to the dealer isn't for a while and I not confident that the sales person would know. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most of the time with jeep vehicles you have to hit the lock button 2 times then the remote start button. hopefully that works! If not I would just call the jeep dealership you bough it from and ask to talk to someone in service. they are normally pretty helpful without making an appointment.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can understand the key not working, but the part about the vehicle stalling is concerning. No idea what would cause that when you're in reverse as it sounds like a system problem. Probably best to bring it to the dealership and have them take a look.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on the remote start issue, definitely operator error. LOL. Once you are in the vehicle, you need to push the start button on the steering column. It had the message on the dash display. As far as starting with the key fob, not sure I have that 100% down yet. Getting there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts