My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

We have a 2015 Compass with less than 5000 miles. It stalls in first gear while pulling away and only seems to do it while turning right at the same time. The first three times it was in an intersection. The car seemed to lose power completely, no accelerator pedal response, then picked up and continued on. Today, my wife was backing out of a parking space while turning right, this time it died completely and took two tries to restart. Have any of you experienced this? Gonna take it to the dealer of course.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Have you taken it to a dealer? First thing to do!!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Second time I heard of this issue when turning right. Share what the dealer found.
There are a lot of odd things the happens on these. The new version when the body and engine changed somewhat (I think 2012) had its share as well. It maybe a carry over of one of their stalling causes.

Since its under warranty especially its a MUST to take it in.
- the problem get added to the build as a problem for dealers to watch out for
- they automatically will or should update the software for the engine and CVT (if newer is available)
- scan for any codes (very important)
- anything else they are on the watch for

You cannot do it yourself and putting it off will one day leave you in a bad situation. With the weather getting colder things change.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hello!

We have a 2015 Compass with less than 5000 miles. It stalls in first gear while pulling away and only seems to do it while turning right at the same time. The first three times it was in an intersection. The car seemed to lose power completely, no accelerator pedal response, then picked up and continued on. Today, my wife was backing out of a parking space while turning right, this time it died completely and took two tries to restart. Have any of you experienced this? Gonna take it to the dealer of course.

Thanks!!
Hey vixenpilot,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with your Compass. I am glad that you are having that vehicle formally diagnosed at an FCA certified dealership. Please keep the forum updated on what is found.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hello!

Thanks!!
---------------
This does sound like a fuel issue. When a fuel pump gets old, they generate less pressure and at idle may not have enough pressure for the injectors. They also sometimes give a small warning stop before they fail completely. You may want to change the fuel filter now, just in case it's partially plugged. If you have good fuel pressure now it may save the pump.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
@pigcar

Note: Its brand new, 2015 w/5000 miles!!

Defective part if its that. Dealer will need to test all that if nothing else is flagging a code etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts