My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's winter and I am not doing any modifications to the exterior, so I figured I would start some interior work. First thing to come will be a Kenwood X994 deck that runs about 350. Hope to get that installed this Monday by a friend with hook ups! I'm getting a great deal.. basically the deck, harness, wires and all ... for 380. It's good to have friends in ... the stereo buisness :p anyway. After that, hopefully this summer, I will be looking into getting one 12 inch JL sub. I am hoping to find a good way to install it without getting in the way of the spare tire but then again it's only gonna be one 12 inch sub :p But yeah I'll post pics of the deck after the install!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Nice system you're going with, gonna be one rockin' Compass for sure, lol. I just got an Infinity system as a gift from a friend of mine for my truck, hope to be getting that installed next weekend!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds awesome! You'll have to post some pics!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Will do, probably do an install thread, but I can post pics of the components in the Christmas present thread. :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok! Sorry for the long wait! Here is my little review of the Kenwood (KDC-X994) deck! I f***ing love it! It's very easy to use and is awesome if you want to hook up an ipod or any USB devise. It can change into 10 different colors, and can change just buttons or just display if you want. So you can have a green display and red buttons. And for those who don't care you can just have it on Variable Scan which will slowly rotate through all of the colors. Or you can set it up to change colors to the beat which is pretty nifty! ANYWAY! This is a super awesome deck. I absolutly think that the 400 that I spent on it was well worth it. Enjoy the pics!:D

P.s - Any questions at all just Private Message me! The install took about an hour and a half, and most of that time was figuring out how to take the old deck out! Peace

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That just looks sweet, no doubt you're enjoying it! You do get out once in a while to eat though right lol? :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha thanks Cherokee! Of course I get out to eat :p I just want to be able to keep a clean vehicle again! And with 10-15 inches in the next couple days it doesn't look like my Jeep will be clean for awhile :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts