My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)

I'm new to the form, and to the Jeep Compass, but not to Jeeps! I've had an 09 Wrangler, a 13 Grand Cherokee, and now a 17 Compass. I just picked it up today actually. I had been searching for the spitfire orange (or white, total opposite, I know), finally found ONE over 2 hours away, and found out it was sold within hours. I found another one late last night, and ended up driving it off the lot today LOL.

I like to "black out" my vehicles, and I was wondering if ya'll had any idea as to where I could get smoked headlights and taillights for the Compass, or if I typically would "tint" them with film.

Also, is there a way to change the background of the display screen?

This is Chester, named after the Cheeto's Cheetah grin:
- Sorry if this picture is huge

Thank you in advance for any help!

- Shannen

Attachments

·
1,112 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you like your Compass.

Friendly hint if you haven't been hanging around the forum -- please keep a close eye on your motor oil consumption. Not everyone has a problem, but some Compasses will use an unusual amount of oil. I'd start out checking it every fill-up for a couple thousand miles till you're sure you don't have a problem. Mine was using a lot of oil at first, but now at 18,000 miles the consumption seems to have dropped. Still not sure if I can make my next oil change without topping it off, but I'm hoping.

I like your idea about the smoked lenses, but I can't help you. I tend to keep my vehicles pretty much stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They make a spray tint used to tint the lights check your local auto part store

I've used it before on my Grand Cherokee, I wasn't crazy about it, I had hoped there were blacked out lenses but I'm seeing some with a black background, so that may be okay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts