My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
That's a sweet head unit. I'd put one in my jeep if I had one. Do you have the steering wheel controls? If you want to keep them the guys I deal with said they can get a module so they work with other head units. Makes me want to move on my subs and get them installed. Too much work and not enough jeeping make me sad

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just did the fit guide on that site and it says the unit fits in place of the stock one

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet! good to know.. I talked to a guy that installs systems. He said that I would be able to use my stock cd player with my subs, so I plan on doing that. I like my head unit and didnt wanna get rid of it.

As far as the subs go I just built my own box that fits the the spare tire wheel well. I got two twelves to fit. So now all I have to do is run my wires and get it hooked in to the head unit. Im pretty excited to get bumpin again cause its been awhile.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Sweet unit..............not sure about the steering wheel control .....

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
So go for It..........and you know the rule...........PICS baby we want pics..........

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im gonna be going on vacation next week so it will have to wait till I get back, that is if im not broke.

I still haven't had a chance to put any pictures of the rallye up yet, but I promise I will after I get back from vacation.

My birthday is the week after I get back so maybe with a little birthday money I can buy the wire harness.:D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Where do they get the signal for the amp from on the stock head units? I would be interested in finding this out for my own jeep.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill have to look into where the signal comes from or ask when I get it installed.. Headed to florida for a week with the girlfriend.. finally get a chance to kick back and relax!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Have fun in Florida. So far my vacation has been filled with, can you install these lights? This screen door? Fix this window? I can't wait to get back to work to relax

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Eric.........have a great time in Fla...........
Smokey..........I know the feeling.............it's call the To Do List..........Do this, do that ........It will pass just like gas.........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gents,
I just got back from my local Best Buy to buy a Double Din in dash DVD / Nav unit and i was told that my 2007 compass is not Double Din that it is actually 1 3/4, so with my current dash kit it will not fit. Can anyone confirm this ??
I have seen double din NAV dash kits for sale on ebay and such for 2008-2009 but nothing for 2007. I know the 08 - 09 center console is cosmetically different, but the shape and size seems the same. From what i can tell its just the air vents that are different
( square 07 : round 09 ).

·
Registered
381 Posts
Interesting. I had just measured my stock unit, as best I could on a curved surface, and found the size is a little small. Standard double din units are 4"X7" and mine is actually 3 1/2" X 8".

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hey Eric, did you get your new head unit installed or is it still in the works?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I actually decided to keep my stock head unit cause I learned that I can use it with my subs as long as I have another harness that gets wired in. I plan on getting it done in the next couple weeks. My birthday is next week and I kinda hoping on getting some birthday cash to help me pay for it. I took some pictures of the sub box that I built I just havent got a chance to put them up on the site.. maybe I can try and do that tonight if I get a chance.

Thanks for asking tho.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts