My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2019 compass trailhawk. Love it! I would like bigger rims and tires though. What size should I go with? Any suggestions of sites I can explore with this make and model? Any pictures someone can share with replaced rims?

·
890 Posts
I'm just dropping by to say "Welcome Charlena!" I don't know much about oversized tires, but I will say that the rear wheels are not centered in the wheel wells and that will limit your size.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just dropping by to say "Welcome Charlena!" I don't know much about oversized tires, but I will say that the rear wheels are not centered in the wheel wells and that will limit your size.
Thank you Jasmine?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am planning on swapping out the same size tire for a more aggressive tread instead of going larger. I was talking with a guy on Instagram who had a lifted Compass, with larger tires and different rims, because I had some of these same questions. He did do quite a bit of off-roading, but I think he wrecked his PTU because it isn't built to handle the extra load. I would caution on putting bigger tires. He also had to do some cutting to avoid rubbing. He ended up dropping it and bought a Wrangler instead.

There's also a thread about larger tires that discusses weight, etc. Picking a tire that's way heavier is going to put extra strain on the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am planning on swapping out the same size tire for a more aggressive tread instead of going larger. I was talking with a guy on Instagram who had a lifted Compass, with larger tires and different rims, because I had some of these same questions. He did do quite a bit of off-roading, but I think he wrecked his PTU because it isn't built to handle the extra load. I would caution on putting bigger tires. He also had to do some cutting to avoid rubbing. He ended up dropping it and bought a Wrangler instead.

There's also a thread about larger tires that discusses weight, etc. Picking a tire that's way heavier is going to put extra strain on the car.
Thank you so much for the information. This definitely helps. The tires will need to be replaced soon so I'm glad you responded.? I know what I need to do now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts