My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

So I'm a proud 2010 4X2 2.4L CVT Jeep Compass owner. I first bought this car mostly because I thought it was a great deal and that I can live without the power windows/locks. I got the car on Saturday for 13.8k with only 4000 miles.

Now that I own the car I'm thinking of putting the power windows and locks on :).. The dealer quoted me $1150 for 4 power windows, 5 door locks and a viper alarm. Do you guys think this is a good deal or should I shop around else where?

Regards,
Eduardo

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
That sounds to be a pretty good deal. Wouldn't hurt to shop around at least one more place just to get an idea of what someone else might charge. Depending on what climate / where you live you might think about getting remote start also, be cheaper to get it all at the same time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me...I just paid $200.00 for a Ford 150 power window and that was installing it myself.
Hi Everyone,

So I'm a proud 2010 4X2 2.4L CVT Jeep Compass owner. I first bought this car mostly because I thought it was a great deal and that I can live without the power windows/locks. I got the car on Saturday for 13.8k with only 4000 miles.

Now that I own the car I'm thinking of putting the power windows and locks on :).. The dealer quoted me $1150 for 4 power windows, 5 door locks and a viper alarm. Do you guys think this is a good deal or should I shop around else where?

Regards,
Eduardo

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
It does sound like a good deal, but I agree with CompassMike, won't hurt to get another quote but the remote start is also a good idea, particularly if you live in an extremely cold climate.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If you really wanted it you should have got one with them built in. My recommendation now is do without. I doubt they can be added to any new vehicle. Universal wiring harnesses are a thing of the past. I expect there will be problems since everything is integrated in these vehicles and under program control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts