My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm from Toronto, and have had my jeep for about a month now and am loving it.

Just wondering about rust proofing. I turned down the rust proofing from my dealership ( I thought it did seem kind of expensive at $699 for the body and another $699 for the undercoating ).

My dealer told me that I can't get oil based rust proofing, if I do, this will ruin the electrical system and void the warrenty. I called chrysler at customer server and they told me the warrenty will not be void.

So I'm actually thinking of getting this done at Krown and was wondering if anyone would advise otherwise? Or if anyone would advised against oil based rust products in general?

·
Registered
656 Posts
RE: Rust proofing . . . DO IT!
I had the dealer rust proof the car, they use a wax base product. I asked the dealer if there was any concern about the oil based rustproof used locally and they had no problems with me doing it, and it would not cancel the warantee they give with their product. In fact the sales rep recommended it.
The oil is an annual application and I redid it this season again.
Only thing is that it drips for a couple of days so you do not want to put it in the driveway until it stops.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had my Compass done at Krown. No problems. Let hem know what your dealer said and I'm sure they will have something to say to them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts