My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Marcel new resident in Las Vegas and I just bought a Jeep Conpass. Super excited about this car. It lacks a bit here and there but overall it’s an awesome and gorgeous ride. I named her Betty and I’m looking for some inexpensive ideas to add to make her a little more dazzling. I’m also definitely in need of brighter head lights. The stock ones aren’t that bright nor are the fog lamps. That’s all for now.
E95C1059-4748-4932-B117-F268EB36CC11.jpeg
E95C1059-4748-4932-B117-F268EB36CC11.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Welcome to you and Betty. I hope you get along well. As for making her any brighter, I think some nice decals -- anything from pin stripes to flames -- could look nice.

·
Registered
2019 compass sport 4x4 6 speed manual
83 Posts
My name is Marcel new resident in Las Vegas and I just bought a Jeep Conpass. Super excited about this car. It lacks a bit here and there but overall it’s an awesome and gorgeous ride. I named her Betty and I’m looking for some inexpensive ideas to add to make her a little more dazzling. I’m also definitely in need of brighter head lights. The stock ones aren’t that bright nor are the fog lamps. That’s all for now. View attachment 14288 View attachment 14288 View attachment 14288
I like the color! Looks great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the color! Looks great.
Thanks a lot I really do too. The black roof and grill details are so nice to look at. I happened to park next to her big brother and I have to say the front of this compass looks a bit better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to you and Betty. I hope you get along well. As for making her any brighter, I think some nice decals -- anything from pin stripes to flames -- could look nice.
Thanks for the welcome. I was thinking of some stripes on the side. I just don’t know how much it costs to do. I’m afraid to do it myself because I might misalign it and it’ll drive me crazy forever 😂

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 COMPASS TRAILHAWK
13 Posts

I added stripes to the driver side of mine. I’m super picky about details, too but these were really easy to do and can be simply peeled off if not up to the way you wanted them.
Thanks for the welcome. I was thinking of some stripes on the side. I just don’t know how much it costs to do. I’m afraid to do it myself because I might misalign it and it’ll drive me crazy forever 😂

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
I put a parking strip on my old Volare. The day I bought it I went to McDonalds for lunch and came out to find a ding in the door. It was my first new car and I'd owned it for about an hour. :(

I bought a coil at an auto parts store, used a detergent to get the wax off the paint, and ran it from fender to fender. It was wide enough to pretty well cover the ding (it was significant). Really the install was a two man job but fortunately I still had my Dad so it was a good bonding time. As I recall our installation gave it a downward slant from front to back. I forget if that was intentional or the result of our project being done while the car was parked on a hill. Either way I was OK with it. I owned that car for seven years and the strip stayed in place. I even bought more than I needed just in case, but I never needed it.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
View attachment 14290

I added stripes to the driver side of mine. I’m super picky about details, too but these were really easy to do and can be simply peeled off if not up to the way you wanted them.
Snazzy! Did you just use tape or was that a kit of some sort? Ya know, if the tape comes off easy you could customize it different every week!

·
Registered
2018 COMPASS TRAILHAWK
13 Posts
vinyl, not tape. Basically the same thing used to make die-cut graphics and stickers. (And thanks for using the word “snazzy”, haha)

Snazzy! Did you just use tape or was that a kit of some sort? Ya know, if the tape comes off easy you could customize it different every week!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
View attachment 14290

Oh yeah? Your ride is nice. I love the color. Really like your fog lights and rims. I don’t know if I could make such clean stripes lol. If they’re easy to remove then I might try. Did you buy them on Amazon?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put a parking strip on my old Volare. The day I bought it I went to McDonalds for lunch and came out to find a ding in the door. It was my first new car and I'd owned it for about an hour. :(

I bought a coil at an auto parts store, used a detergent to get the wax off the paint, and ran it from fender to fender. It was wide enough to pretty well cover the ding (it was significant). Really the install was a two man job but fortunately I still had my Dad so it was a good bonding time. As I recall our installation gave it a downward slant from front to back. I forget if that was intentional or the result of our project being done while the car was parked on a hill. Either way I was OK with it. I owned that car for seven years and the strip stayed in place. I even bought more than I needed just in case, but I never needed it.
My dad doesn’t do cars anymore. It’s nice you got to do work with him. Funny how the hill slope added to your design haha. What do you drive now? I forgot if you mentioned it.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
What do you drive now? I forgot if you mentioned it.
These days I'm driving a 2019 Compass (after wrecking my 2018). Wife has a 2014 Patriot. We are about to get a 2021 Wrangler but the Patriot will live on. It's got a hitch and frankly I really love it. Dealer offered peanuts on trade so I'll just run it to the ground.

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
These days I'm driving a 2019 Compass (after wrecking my 2018). Wife has a 2014 Patriot. We are about to get a 2021 Wrangler but the Patriot will live on. It's got a hitch and frankly I really love it. Dealer offered peanuts on trade so I'll just run it to the ground.
Are you keeping all three Jeeps?

Reactions: Aly7x

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Are you keeping all three Jeeps?
Yes. I don't really need three but the 2014 Patriot only has 140,000 miles and runs like a charm. It's FWD and Wife wants 4wd for winter. My feeling is that FWD with good tires is just about as good as AWD except for serious off-roading. I have Dunlop Grandtrek studless for winter and they are excellent -- even better than the General Altimax Artics that I also consider excellent.

I have the AWD Compass because on the weekends I do a lot of travelling up north in the mountains and that's a lot different than southern NH where we live.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass North Altitude
39 Posts
Oh shes a beauty! I have the same vehicle except its a 2019 and white body w black top! Love this all black.. I would personally keep her all black, black out the head and tail lights, black out absolutely everything and throw a light bar across the top! I have some crazy mods on my vehicle including a levelling kit, air filter and full rack and basket on top!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts