My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it legal to post before I have the keys in my hand? Hopefully...

Just ordered a True Blue Latitude FDII (CVT2) with Sun and Sound, 430, and CAN'T WAIT!!! They said 6-8 weeks....I'm hoping 6 or less. I woke up this morning thinking 1 down, 41 to go.....

There is a lot of negative press about the Compass--the auto journalists certainly seem to have a grudge. I don't think you can get a REAL SUV (rather than a station wagon or minivan on steroids), outfitted with all the options I'll have, for $26K anywhere else. I think with the improvements every year for the past several it is headed in the right direction, and it is practically the last SUV that looks like one (other than the XTERRA). All the rest have been smoothed over so much in the crossover craze that they just look like minivans to me. I watched some of the youtube videos by Jeep on the trail rating and they convinced me--try that with a Rav4.

The sales staff was what you would expect--kind of annoying and trying to squeeze every last dollar out of me--but I found my chi (is that what one does with chi?) and realized that a couple of hundred bucks here or there isn't going to make a big difference.

My one regret is that the snow will have melted by the time it arrives....I'll have to take it way up into the mountains to find some ice.

Giovanni

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrads.... can't wait to see some pics! The auto journalists can say what they want, that's their opinion. What vehicle someone chooses is based on their needs. Very few people spend $30, $40, $50,000 on a SUV and Baja through the woods with it anyways. Mainly about bragging rights IMO. The Compass is more than capable.

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
Congrats on purchasing a Compass, and a FDII one to boot, not many people buy those.

I"ve got a 2012 FDII limited, and I love it, I've done quite a few mods and it's stood up to abuse on the trail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts