My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello every one my name is Chris. I'm from New Mexico and recently bought a 2012 Compass 4x4 Trail Rated Jeep! I like the look of this Jeep, as I opted for this instead of the new Cherokee haha. I am not new to forums I'm very active on lxforums I own a 2005 Chrysler 300c and now the Jeep. I look forward to looking around the forums(I already have) and getting to know about the Compass more. It's a 2.4 auto, 4x4 trail rated 2012 7k miles full warranties. So far so good , we got to use the 4x4 on our second snow fall here in New Mexico and I must say did well. Well I'm sure ill post more later but this is my intro haha... Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How does every one like the CVT tranny in the 2.4L? Im still getting used to it, wish it was auto stick tho.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hey there Chris and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Very nice looking Compass you have, congrats and thanks for sharing the pic, love the color! The CVT does take some getting used to lol but no complaints from me! Do you have any mods in mind for your new Jeep or just enjoying it for now? Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No mods as of yet. Looking at led interior lights and a shorter antenna along with a k&nn drop in filter or possibly a intake of some sort. Wife doesn't even want me touching it, brcause if I start modding I won't stop haha. Thanks fellas and looking forward to the forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What's the average MPG you get on the display? I have a 2012 Compass Limited 4x4 and get terrible gas mileage (about 17-18.5mpg with 50/50 city/highway driving).

Some small mods I did so far are HID headlights, shorter 13" antenna, and plastidip on the front chrome grill and badges.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any pics? I want to mod, but this is wifey car lol. Not to sure on the mpg's, and what display are you talking about? How can i veiw it? I know on my 300C i can us EVIC but not sure on the Jeep.

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
NICE another trail rated compass! If you have the EVIC its on the left side under the speedometer. You should be able to cycle through it with the steering wheel controls by hitting the menu and arrow buttons.

I have interior led bulbs and they are a simple swap that gives more like and looks cool too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome Chris. I also have a Trail Rated 2011 Compass. I don't mind the CVT but I wanted the Freedom Drive II package. I figure for every Compass built they make 1 Trail Rated one.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
TT52 . How did you get the Compass in black? Did you remove them and plasticoat or buy a new one and black it out?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the Red Color, Both Compass' look nice.. All ive done to ours is when i replaced the airfilter, i left the plastic peice off the one that conects to the airfilter housing... sounds like it has an intake now...Does get more air in though, and seems to have better response

1 - 17 of 17 Posts