My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Excited to announce I just leased a 2018 Compass Trailhawk. I am excited to be back into a jeep. I live in South Florida and will hopefully be taking it through some sand in the coming weeks.

P.S. I wish jeep put a turbo in the compass. Truck would be a total beast then!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello everyone,

Excited to announce I just leased a 2018 Compass Trailhawk. I am excited to be back into a jeep. I live in South Florida and will hopefully be taking it through some sand in the coming weeks.

Welcome! Central FL here, on the East coast. Enjoy the Jeep! And I agree, a turbocharged option (preferably diesel!) would have rocked in the US!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome!

trailhawk34 said:
Lol, you and me both but I don't really have high hopes. There is one lone company listing a kit for the 9 speed 2.4L Renegade but there are no known successful installs of that kit. If you dig around you can find a thread on the cherokee forums about the kit installed on a 2.4L Cherokee and it doesn't sound like it worked out too well for them. Here is a link to the kit if you want to look at it: https://roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_241&products_id=2508&zenid=b5lurkd5ma4vedq5fu1iubfqf7

If they made one for the Renegade it stands to reason that it could be tweaked for the Compass but its a pretty expensive roll of the dice. Sure would make a night and day difference in driving this thing if the kit can provide what it promises but if you hunt down the youtube videos of the test drives on the Cherokee install... it doesn't seem like they are barely making 200 HP... so I don't know where they get off advertising 290 HP on the page for the kit.

Something to look into anyways, fun to window shop. Hopefully someday someone with a lot of cash to burn will take the plunge.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
RadRacer said:
If that kit would work with the Compass and give the advertised numbers, I'd be perfectly fine to drop the cash on it!
I'd happily pay that amount as a major upgrade right after paying it off and the end of the factory warranty period, but I want to see it successfully installed on at least one other person's Compass first!

We need someone with a Compass to win the mega millions so they can afford to be the guinea pig!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts