My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to buy a 2017 Jeep Compass new latitude. Is it worth it? I’ve seen all the issues with the battery and the car not starting. Should I just walk away now? I love the car and how it feels and everything about it but I cannot afford thousands in repairs.

·
Super Moderator
1,199 Posts
Buying any new vehicle is a guessing game. Every manufacturer out there has some problems. The Compass was a new model in 2017 and it usually takes manufacturers a while to acknowledge problems and a while longer to address them, so any first year model can be iffy. When buying anything used -- anything -- the previous owner got rid of it for a reason. Always have a trusted mechanic check a vehicle out for you before you buy it. If the seller balks at that, walk away.

On the bright side, I've had two Compasses, a 2018 and a 2019. Both have been fine except my 2018 was one of the few that had the oil consumption problem. It was only getting 3000/quart. My 2019 has been trouble-free (30,000 miles).

Perish the thought, but if you have problems you've got a good owner forum here with some people who have experience with these. Owner sites are a magnet for people with problems, so don't over-read the issues you see on this site. FCA is making thousands of these things every month and most are fine. The ones with problems come here for help and become a resource for others. That's why we're here. :) Welcome!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts