My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 MP Compass
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member from Daytona Beach, FL.
I have around 77K miles on my 2017MP (next gen) compass trailhawk . Great 4WD in the sand and running about 26.5 mpg constantly. UCONNECT is a pain. Also my right headlight will not turn on after starting-sometimes- but will then turn on later, normally around .5 mile into the drive or around accelerating through 35 mph.

Would like to hear more about everyone’s issues and fixes.

·
Super Moderator
1,792 Posts
Welcome! My 2019 is at 60,000 with no issues. :)

Like many of the early 2nd gen Compasses, my 2018 was an oil burner -- how about yours?

·
Registered
2017 MP Compass
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! My 2019 is at 60,000 with no issues. :)

Like many of the early 2nd gen Compasses, my 2018 was an oil burner -- how about yours?
I haven’t had any issues with oil. I use it as my work vehicle and drive 100 miles a day. I have always used full synthetic.

·
Super Moderator
1,792 Posts
I haven’t had any issues with oil. I use it as my work vehicle and drive 100 miles a day. I have always used full synthetic.
The oil consumption problem was somehow based on the valve timing. The vacuum was drawing oil into places it shouldn't have gone. After a couple of years of corporate denial they came out with an update that seems to have solved the problem. It didn't happen to everyone, but certainly a significant minority. For a while it was a leading topic on this site.

·
Registered
2017 MP Compass
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The oil consumption problem was somehow based on the valve timing. The vacuum was drawing oil into places it shouldn't have gone. After a couple of years of corporate denial they came out with an update that seems to have solved the problem. It didn't happen to everyone, but certainly a significant minority. For a while it was a leading topic on this site.
Did not know, thank you! Haven’t had any issues but will look at the past post for the info.

Any post on the headlight not turning on when you start? Very annoying!

Again many thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,792 Posts
Any post on the headlight not turning on when you start? Very annoying!
Try using the search box above. Being dark gray on a black background, it's rather well camouflaged and the phrase "Search Community" is somewhat misleading. Try typing a couple key words in there and see what you turn up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts