My Jeep Compass Forum banner

New Members, please post introductions!

7M views 840 replies 434 participants last post by  nearboston 
#1 ·
Therefore we can get some interaction going here. This Forum is underutilised!

#2 ·
Been here for awhile but here goes.......

Just got my hands on a 2009 Compass Sport Edition Plus, 4X4 with CVT tranny............
So far so good ..........

I live in the Montreal area in Québec and I am a avid skier and golfer..............can't wait to get some snow to actually test the 4X4 on this one...........just sold my 2004 Santa Fe that gave me 5.5 years of loyal service............Hope the Compass will do the same !!!!!!

Reactions: SubZeroCompass21
#3 ·
I have been here for awhile too but I will also add an intoduction to contribute to the thread.

My name is Eric, I live in Kansas City. I bought a 2007 Jeep Compass Rallye Sport back in January of this year. Black on black 18", tinted windows, short antenna.

I also have a 1984 BMW 533i that I like to play with and wrench on. Hobbies, frolf or disk golf if you will, working on my cars, and chiling with friends.

Look forward to meeting some new members!!

Cheers, Eric

#8 ·
I picked up a 09 bright silver north 2x4 edition about 2 weeks ago. Love it so far it is the first jeep we have owned. I live in Halifax Nova Scotia Canada, Cole Harbor actually. My kids go to the same school that Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins went to as a kid. This place is Penguins crazy tonight everyone is watching game seven on the edge of their seats.
I also have an 06 Mazda 3 that I like very much, I am a member of a Mazda forum and it is an excellent source of information. I am hoping that this one starts to come around. I have noticed more activity over the last week or so I hope it keeps up.

#9 ·
Glad you're on board Wes.......Pittsburgh is leadin 2 zip after 2 periods.........who knows you might see the Stanly Cup this summer in NS........

#12 ·
New members car description

I joined the group, with a White Compass 2009 Jeep which I purchased in Ft. Mill, South Carolina during the Cash for Clunkers program. It has auto door locks, tint and above all, a manual 5 speed transmission. It is currently at the Jeep dealer in Charlotte, NC with a clunking noise in first gear. I have done some online searching and found a similar problem posted in 9-08. I will get back to the forum when I learn what is wrong with mine!

#16 ·
Manual Tranny

I joined the group, with a White Compass 2009 Jeep which I purchased in Ft. Mill, South Carolina during the Cash for Clunkers program. It has auto door locks, tint and above all, a manual 5 speed transmission. It is currently at the Jeep dealer in Charlotte, NC with a clunking noise in first gear. I have done some online searching and found a similar problem posted in 9-08. I will get back to the forum when I learn what is wrong with mine!
Welcome - I hope you get this issue resolved, or somehow it would self heal for you.
The 5-speed is truely a wonderful affair.

#20 ·
clunk in 1st gear

Hello -- thanks for you well wishes. The car was picked up yesterday. They applied more torque to cradle bolts, and lowered the control arm bolts.
Also warned the rotors were a bit warped, but I let it pass.

Let's see how it goes from here. I like manual transmissions alot.

#27 ·
Welcome to the forum Gus, great to have ya' here and congrats on your Compass! Nothing wrong with an upgrade, and the Compass makes a nice one. Look forward to seeing you around and hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee