My Jeep Compass Forum banner

501 - 520 of 639 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Welcome! I hope you and your Compass have a long happy relationship.

Advice: If you have the CVT transmission, I suggest you change the tranny fluid if you don't know if its been done. Should be done every 50-60,000 miles. The owners manual is OTL on that.

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I have a 2012 Jeep Compass Limited. smile:
Welcome! Since you have an 8 year old Compass, may I suggest:
1) Change the CVT fluid and filters if you have the CVT -- should be done every 50-60,000 miles.
2) Check your sub-frame for rust -- most are solid but a few people have had problems.

Happy Jeeping!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, new guy here. I've always messed with old vehicles and not to savvy on new computerized stuff. I got my wife a 2019 compass and of course we couldn't fine one exactly as we wanted so we compromised on the smaller non nav screen. Now we are upgrading to the 8.4 and it's a nightmare for a guy like me but I'm learning a lot. Here looking for help and hoping to be a help eventually.

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Welcome REVVED RELICS. Glad to have you aboard.

I wish I could help on changing the screen. Cars were so much simpler when I was a kid. The only electronic device was the radio -- and it took 30 seconds to warm up! If I could have gotten my Compass without a touch-screen I'd be happier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Jeep Compass 2.0 6 speed owner.

Joined to share experience with a few issues I've had that are tough to recognize.
My experience with throttle body ETC failures and the red double lighting bolt.
The time it started shifting rough and hesitating when shifting.

My current project is changing the transmission fluid. I have a 4 liter replacement and level procedure, but want to swap it all.

Greg

Greg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just picked up a new 2019 Jeep Compass Sport 4x4 white on black interior w/ 6 speed manual last Saturday.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Actually, it was a birthday/Christmas present for my wife. Yes, so far we are enjoying it. Now I need to get a new 4 camera dash cam system installed and a set of "winter boots" for the latest "family addition". Lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to become member of the jeepcompass owner club!!!
I live in Ioannina,Greece and I am an optician.
I expect my new car in the beginning of the new year.
It's a 2 liter diesel 4×4 limited edition.
I will post my first impressions as soon as I get it.
My old one was a 1998 Honda CRV which I still love but decided to donate it to "kivotos tou kosmou"
a non goverment foundation that hosts neglected children.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all, came across this forum yesterday. My wife and I recently got a 16' compass 4×4 with the CVT. It has 31,000 miles and the morning after we brought it home it gave us the check engine light, traction light, lighting bolt and limp home mode. Took it to the dealer we bought it at. They took it too jeep and got the throttle body replaced and the throttle body wiring harness so we hope we can drive it and enjoy it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello. New member here. Actually I joined a few weeks ago when I came across this web site looking for tire info. So I’m just now getting around to the new member intro part. A bit out of order..... but, oh well. Anyway, I’m Brian from Arizona. I have a 2019 compass, trailhawk; stingray (Gray) color, ATP 2" lift, Pirelli scorpion AT-plus tires, and Valkyrie off-road third member and carrier bearing skid plates.
I was thinking of adding the Rocky-road outfitter brush guard with KC-highlights (gravity-LED) and a pair of rigid industries D-seiries flood lights to the back end to help me see better in the low desert. Also maybe adding a couple of 2 gallon rotopax fuel cells to the roof rack.
To much?

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to become member of the jeepcompass owner club!!!
I live in Ioannina,Greece and I am an optician.
I expect my new car in the beginning of the new year.
It's a 2 liter diesel 4×4 limited edition.
I will post my first impressions as soon as I get it.
My old one was a 1998 Honda CRV which I still love but decided to donate it to "kivotos tou kosmou"
a non goverment foundation that hosts neglected children.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Welcome! Its nice that you donated your old car so it goes to a good cause. In the past I have donated two cars to Good News Garage, a charity that fixes up old cars with donated parts and labor and gives them to people who need a car but can't afford one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone!

Just joined the forums. I previously drove my dad's wrangler now I got myself a 2018/2019 Compass Limited Turbo Diesel Engine and I love it!
My girlfriend and I race in a rally and do the fun offroading every once in a while.

Planning a month-long trip down to Patagonia <3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello to all! This is my third jeep compass. I've owned a 2008 rallye edition a 2011 latitude and now the owner of a 2018 latitude. I currently have a pedal commander installed and a few other mods!! I've been tinkering with Alfaobd and so far just have disabled the seatbelt chime! Looking foward to the future with my Compass!

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Weclome MrBMan and Tactical.cichlid! It looks like you're already having lots of fun with your Jeeps. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Welcome! I hope its good to you. Just a heads up: keep an eye on your oil level. Not many but a few Compasses seem to use a lot of oil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member here. I own a 2019 Compass Sport 2wd. Looking for pictures/info on minor lift and spacers for it on stock wheels Just for looks since it’s a mere 2wd.

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
A "mere" 2wd? Don't put it down. With good tires and a lift your Compass may surprise you. I had a FWD Patriot and it got me through a bad choice of roads one time (don't trust your Garmin), and it was eager for snow. It got me through 10 NH winters -- it never made me stay home and never let me down. :)

501 - 520 of 639 Posts