My Jeep Compass Forum banner

521 - 540 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
After dreaming about owning a Jeep Wrangler for the Delaware and Maryland beaches for many years, I bought a new 2019 Jeep Compass a month ago and am loving it. I felt the Compass gave me the best combination of comfort, recreational and off-roading capabilities, and price and the one I bought was the only car I test-drove. After a shaky few moments at the dealership (the battery died and had to be replaced before our test drive), we've driven it 2600 miles in a month and have been pleasantly surprised by how smoothly it drives. The heated seats and steering wheel and remote starts on cold mornings are a bonus :)

·
976 Posts
Welcome! Glad you like your Compass. I hope you stay in love with it for a long time to come.

I wanted to own a jeep since I was a kid. Back in '76 I was just out of college and living on the Mass coast. I was walking along the beach one day when along came a brand new yellow Wagoneer with woodgrain trim. What a dream vehicle! The best I could do on my budget was a used '74 Cherokee, plain white with a mild case of tinworm.

Since then I've owned a couple Wranglers, but our Compass is a lot more comfortable. Really I just need 4wd for winter snow and not off-roading.

So welcome to the site. Have fun living out my fantasy of so many years ago.

·
976 Posts
After dreaming about owning a Jeep Wrangler for the Delaware and Maryland beaches for many years, I bought a new 2019 Jeep Compass a month ago and am loving it. I felt the Compass gave me the best combination of comfort, recreational and off-roading capabilities, and price and the one I bought was the only car I test-drove. After a shaky few moments at the dealership (the battery died and had to be replaced before our test drive), we've driven it 2600 miles in a month and have been pleasantly surprised by how smoothly it drives. The heated seats and steering wheel and remote starts on cold mornings are a bonus :)
Welcome! I'm glad you love your Compass. I hope you stay in love with it for a long time to come.

I wanted to own a jeep since I was a kid. Then back in '76 I was just out of college and living on the Mass coast. I was walking along the beach one day when along came a brand new yellow Wagoneer with woodgrain trim. What a dream vehicle! The best I could do on my budget was a used '74 Cherokee, plain white, with a mild case of tinworm.

Since then I've owned a couple Wranglers, but our Compass is a lot more comfortable. Really I just need 4wd for winter snow and not off-roading.

So welcome to the site. Have fun living out my fantasy of so many years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I'm Robin from Maryland and purchased a 2018 Jeep Compass in March 2019. Worked great for the first 6 months - struggling now with some issues. Hopefully back in the service department tomorrow and all will be fixed.

·
976 Posts
Hi I'm Robin from Maryland and purchased a 2018 Jeep Compass in March 2019. Worked great for the first 6 months - struggling now with some issues. Hopefully back in the service department tomorrow and all will be fixed.
Welcome, Robingail! I hope you can fall back in love with your Compass.

FYI, JeepCares monitors this website. You can PM them and if you have dealer issues they can intercede.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey! my name is Chris from Newfoundland, Canada Just picked up my 2018 Compass North last week! Ive been modding Jeeps for awhile now. Looking forward to join the forum and get to modding my Compass!

·
976 Posts
Welcome @chrisb10124 Glad to have you on the board. Friendly suggestion: keep a close eye on your dipstick. Some (not all) Compasses are known to use a lot, especially at first. I hope you and your Compass have a long happy relationship.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome @chrisb10124 Glad to have you on the board. Friendly suggestion: keep a close eye on your dipstick. Some (not all) Compasses are knows to use a lot, especially at first. I hope you and your Compass have a long happy relationship.
Thanks! Just got back from my shop just installed some LED headlights and fogs. Did not check the dipstick tho. I'm a little concerned with my Jeep where its the 9 speed with the start/stop "feature". But I can deal with it.

·
976 Posts
Thanks! Just got back from my shop just installed some LED headlights and fogs. Did not check the dipstick tho. I'm a little concerned with my Jeep where its the 9 speed with the start/stop "feature". But I can deal with it.
The ZF 9-spd is a little quirky, but so far both of mine have worked okay. Only okay, but I realize they're trying to get a lot out of these gearboxes. That's why there's 9 speeds. Four overdrives! My Compass is happiest in 7, it will do 8, but 9th is useless. The start/stop 'feature' can be disabled. You know about the button down by the parking brake, right?

·
Registered
1 Posts
New owner here- 2020 Altitude. So far so good. Haven’t taken it into any off road terrain yet. I won’t be doing anything crazy as I’m more of a beach guy/using it for water sports transportation. But can anyone give any feedback no matter the terrain?

Attachments

·
976 Posts
Welcome! I don't do any off-roading but I live on a dirt road that has gotten pretty muddy with the above freezing temperatures the last few days. Seems to do fine with General Altimax Arctics. Compass also does well in the snow with dedicated snow tires (as above) but the OEM tires are not really suitable for driving in highway snow.

Hope you like your Compass! (If you did your homework you know to keep a close eye on your dipstick).

521 - 540 of 592 Posts