My Jeep Compass Forum banner

601 - 620 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm new here and new to having a Jeep. We just purchased a 2014 Jeep Compass Sport and I really want to enjoy it. I'm glad this forum exist so that I can get advice on things!

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Welcome! We're glad you're here too. Poke around the site. There's lots of good info here.

Word of caution: if you have the CVT transmission then you'll want to change the tranny fluid every 50,000 miles. The owners manual says twice that but it is OTL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wife's expressed wants were a COMPASS with a black roof, "nice bright wheels", no black, red, orange, dark blue/grey colors: no exceptions. Bought Billet Met. Silver 2019 low mileage TRAILHAWK from Hertz Car Sales a month ago; saved several thousand $$s over any other seller. Has no options but she thinks it's the 'greatest' coming out of a base 115,000 mile, G1 2012 Honda Ridgeline. My first annoyance: Ya get key fobs with REMOTE START button; learned it's not standard equipment.Boo!!

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Wife's expressed wants were a COMPASS with a black roof, "nice bright wheels", no black, red, orange, dark blue/grey colors: no exceptions. Bought Billet Met. Silver 2019 low mileage TRAILHAWK from Hertz Car Sales a month ago; saved several thousand $$s over any other seller. Has no options but she thinks it's the 'greatest' coming out of a base 115,000 mile, G1 2012 Honda Ridgeline. My first annoyance: Ya get key fobs with REMOTE START button; learned it's not standard equipment.Boo!!
Welcome! Nice find from Hertz. :)

Frankly I agree with your wife. Having no options is the way a Jeep ought to be. We need manual trannies, wind-down windows, manual door-locks, rubber mats (not carpet) especially in the cargo area, analog dashboard controls (no touchscreens), etc. If you want a GC, go buy one. A Jeep ought to basic UTILITY vehicle. Turning it into a car by removing it heart and spirit is downgrading it. Jeep bling is mud on the fenders, not dings on the doors!

Until last year I started every car I've owned by turning a key. I'm perfectly happy to do that. Remote start is nice on a snowy morning but usually by the time I've got the snow off it's turned itself off anyway.

So I hope your Compass is a good one. If you haven't poked around this site, be advised to keep a close eye on your oil level. Oil disappears in some (not all) of these 2nd gen Compasses. I've had two -- one used a lot, the other not so much.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Compass
1 Posts
Hi my name is Andy and I just bought a 2020 Jeep Compass. I'm new here and new to having a Jeep Compass. I'm glad this forum exist so that I can get advice on things :)🚗(y) !

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Hi my name is Andy and I just bought a 2020 Jeep Compass. I'm new here and new to having a Jeep Compass. I'm glad this forum exist so that I can get advice on things :)🚗(y) !
Welcome Miles or Andy or whoever you are! (You've got me confused o_O ). As you can see from the earlier posts in this thread, please keep an eye on your dipstick. Maybe yours will be OK, but better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello all,
Iam Dr Gopu from India. I bought a new jeep compass diesel manual this month. Very happy and proud to be a part of this forum.Hope your support is always with me and my compass.

·
Registered
77 Posts
hello all,
Iam Dr Gopu from India. I bought a new jeep compass diesel manual this month. Very happy and proud to be a part of this forum.Hope your support is always with me and my compass.
I am so jealous that you guys have the Diesel engines in India. I have a manual with the 2.4 tiger shark.

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
hello all,
Welcome Dr. Gopu! Ditto VT MP's comments about liking a diesel. Not so much me as for my Dad. He always wanted one and never got one: Mercedes was too expensive and it's just as well Dad didn't get one of the GMs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am new to this forum, I recently became the owner of a 2017 Compass Sport (2nd Generation). It is pretty much the base 4X2 model, but does have the 6 speed automatic transmission. I have enjoyed driving it so far. The only thing that has taken me a while to get used to is the Stop/Start function on the engine, I always forget to turn it off. The bumper to bumper warranty on it expires in a couple weeks, so we'll see how it goes!!

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Welcome, and good luck. If you haven't been around these threads I suggest you keep an eye on your dipstick. Early years of the 2nd generation can use a lot of oil. Check it every time you fill up until you have a baseline on your consumption. That said, not all Compasses had the problem, but enough did that you'd be wise to stay on top of it. My 2018 started out at 500/quart and improved to 3000/qt by 30,000 miles. My 2019 seems to be OK.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome, and good luck. If you haven't been around these threads I suggest you keep an eye on your dipstick. Early years of the 2nd generation can use a lot of oil. Check it every time you fill up until you have a baseline on your consumption. That said, not all Compasses had the problem, but enough did that you'd be wise to stay on top of it. My 2018 started out at 500/quart and improved to 3000/qt by 30,000 miles. My 2019 seems to be OK.
Thank you for the advice, I will keep an eye on that. I usually check it regularly, I have only found it low once. It seems to have settled down since then.

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
It's not unusual for a new engine to use some oil but it shouldn't use any after a few thousand miles. Don't be alarmed, just vigilant.

God forbid it's an oil guzzler but keeping it in perspective adding a quart every 3000 miles only means a couple cases over the life of the car. A nuisance but not a catastrophe.

·
Super Moderator
1,204 Posts
Hey there, welcome! Sounds like you got the right vehicle. I hope it's good to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all! Just joined today. I'm here in Southern California. I've had my 2018 Compass Trailhawk for 2 years now. Just hit 21K miles on this beast. Posting a picture (took the basket off because it was too wide and the fitment wasn't great. A new one is coming soon).

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4
10 Posts
Hi all,
just purchased my 2019 Compass yesterday! I am eager to find small things to personalize it with.

601 - 620 of 638 Posts