My Jeep Compass Forum banner

621 - 638 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello from norway, and for al future i apollegise for my bad english😁
i just got a jeep compass 2007 2.0 diesel and 6 tr.manual shifter that died (no crank/no start) for ca one year ago, so now its my problem to get it alive again so hope its many smart members here cause iwe never worked on a jeep before

·
Super Moderator
1,199 Posts
hello from norway, and for al future i apollegise for my bad english😁
i just got a jeep compass 2007 2.0 diesel and 6 tr.manual shifter that died (no crank/no start) for ca one year ago, so now its my problem to get it alive again so hope its many smart members here cause iwe never worked on a jeep before
Welcome Olle! I hope you can get your Jeep rolling soon. Many in the US envy your diesel. Diesels are not available here. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What’s going on. My name is Billy, from Westchester county, New York. I just bought a used 2019 Jazz Blue Pearl Jeep Compass Latitude with very low mileage.
So far (only a day) I’m loving it. Already added a 10” subwoofer for a little extra kick and waiting for amazon for black grill covers to get rid of the chrome on the front. Only other things I want to do is add a light bar either above or below the license plate, rain guards and probably lower it a little to give it a more aggressive stance.
I look forward to learning and seeing what else the community does with their Jeeps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What’s going on. My name is Billy, from Westchester county, New York. I just bought a used 2019 Jazz Blue Pearl Jeep Compass Latitude with very low mileage.
So far (only a day) I’m loving it. Already added a 10” subwoofer for a little extra kick and waiting for amazon for black grill covers to get rid of the chrome on the front. Only other things I want to do is add a light bar either above or below the license plate, rain guards and probably lower it a little to give it a more aggressive stance.
I look forward to learning and seeing what else the community does with their Jeeps.
A1A81EF0-9ED1-47DD-94F4-AF52B87461D1.png I installed a light bar in the lower grill

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! Newb from Florida. 18 Compass Latitude 4x4. Came looking to get some answers on why my uConnect likes to change stations and temps while I’m driving. The wonderful intarwebz says it’s delamination and huge problem in 18’ everything :( my next question is does anyone know if there is a recall for this or a TSB at least? I’m over miles by a good bit. I had an extended warranty and wouldn’t you know it ran out too. Ugh. Not feeling the $1800 price tag for a new screen. Feels about as good as the hot air blowing on me on a lovely 98 degree afternoon. 😑 any pointers in the right direction are appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,199 Posts
Welcome TraceyLeigh! Glad to have you on the site. I've not had your problem but hopefully someone else on here can help.

I suggest you make a post in the electrical problems forum on this site. More people will see it there. If you have trouble finding that forum, go to the upper right of this screen and to the right of "NEW" there is a series of white lines. Clicking on that will bring up a list of the threads. Then scroll down to the appropriate forum and start a new thread. I hope you find an affordable solution.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I'm Rhys and I live in the Northern Territory of Australia. Bought a demo Trailhawk a few weeks ago from interstate for $12,000 less than new, and it was delivered on Tuesday. Loving it so far. We had a 2013 Grand Cherokee Limited until a few years ago and the Compass feels just like a mini GC. Thankfully we get the 2.0L diesel in the Trailhawk here because it seems to be the better engine. Hope the Tigershark issues get sorted for you guys in North America. Look forward to learning more about the car and hopefully helping some people out with their questions.

·
Super Moderator
1,199 Posts
Welcome! Looks like you got a good deal on a sweet ride. See ya around the threads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Evening All!!

I'm in the process of purchasing a 2019 Jeep Compass Sport, manual transmission with the 4x4 option. They're pretty hard to find in Canada. Dealership is bringing one in next week to look over / test drive, but I think I'm already sold. (don't tell them that.)

With previous vehicles and motorcycles I've always found the online forums to be a big help when I have questions or I'm looking for a solution that's not 'off the shelf'.

I'll come back and post up a picture of it once I've signed the papers.
Till then, I'm just here doing some learning and research.

Thanks!
Sympul

·
Registered
76 Posts
Evening All!!

I'm in the process of purchasing a 2019 Jeep Compass Sport, manual transmission with the 4x4 option. They're pretty hard to find in Canada. Dealership is bringing one in next week to look over / test drive, but I think I'm already sold. (don't tell them that.)

With previous vehicles and motorcycles I've always found the online forums to be a big help when I have questions or I'm looking for a solution that's not 'off the shelf'.

I'll come back and post up a picture of it once I've signed the papers.
Till then, I'm just here doing some learning and research.

Thanks!
Sympul
I have that exact Jeep in black. They are very hard to find a manual. 16B8388C-17D6-47CB-B002-5810848AA930.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,199 Posts
Welcome to the group! We've got a pretty nice crowd on here. I hope you and your Compass have a long happy relationship.

You're lucky to get a manual tranny at all. Manufacturers claim that manuals are slow sellers. There's a reason for that: dealers don't stock them! If I say I'd like to order one they start in with the pressure routines, "It will take at least a month to get," or "They're changing over to the new model year," or "The rebate ends this week," and so on.

If they had a manual on their lot when I was shopping I would have bought it..

621 - 638 of 638 Posts