My Jeep Compass Forum banner

641 - 645 of 645 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Welcome! You bought a 2013 used in 2013? There wasn't much time to screw anything up. As long as the engine has had it's regular maintenance all along synthetic should be fine as long as it's the same spec. Quaker State is a reputable brand.

I don't know how many miles on your Compass, but if you say it is a 6 speed do you mean the CVT? Presuming so, make changing the transmission fluid and filters a priority. This should be done at least every 50,000 miles and most owners don't realize this. The schedule in the owners manual is very misleading on that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome! You bought a 2013 used in 2013? There wasn't much time to screw anything up. As long as the engine has had it's regular maintenance all along synthetic should be fine as long as it's the same spec. Quaker State is a reputable brand.

I don't know how many miles on your Compass, but if you say it is a 6 speed do you mean the CVT? Presuming so, make changing the transmission fluid and filters a priority. This should be done at least every 50,000 miles and most owners don't realize this. The schedule in the owners manual is very misleading on that.

So to correct, I bought the vehicle new from the dealer.

I called the dealership i bought the car from and they tell me they dont change the transmission fluid as it doesnt need it. Not sure where else to turn for this service. any assistance will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
A lot of dealers are afraid to do tranny service because people wait until it's making noises, bring it in for servicing, then blame the dealer/mechanic for causing the noise. It's not just Jeep. Lots of local garages avoid transmission service for the same reason.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. Thanks for this platform to allow us Jeep heads to further grow our knowledge of this vehicle. I’ve owned mine since 2012 but have just maintained and daily driven it up until now. Was in an accident yesterday evening that is causing me to go a different route. I am planning on doing an srt4 long block and trans swap among other things but I may utilize the 2.4 that’s in it and bullet proof it (sleeve) then do forced induction with an AEM stand alone and go that route and call it a day but I haven’t made up my mind yet. I’ve been in the forced performance world for about 12 years now so putting in the hours is worth the outcome. Any ideas tips or anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

641 - 645 of 645 Posts