My Jeep Compass Forum banner
761 - 780 of 807 Posts

· Registered
2018 Jeep Compass Limited 2.4tigershark
110 Posts
Hi y’all howum ya tuing? Come on now? South speak? Really? And people from outside the USA think we are all the same.
And my kin is fr
Hi y’all howum ya tuing? Come on now? South speak? Really? And people from outside the USA think we are all the same.
And my kin is from the deepest south. Thomasville GA. Me not so much, I’ll stay here on the west coast in the NW Olympia Wa.

· Administrator
2,484 Posts
Great. Thank you. If you know, if I will decide to reprogram, can it have some side effect?
It didn't give me any problems. If it is helpful, here is a link to the original "campaign" letter. They didn't call it a recall, probably for legal reasons. https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/W20.pdf
Since this was an official action by FCA/Chrysler/Jeep, your dealer may be able to tell you if the update has already been done. Save a trip, use the telephone and give them your VIN.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, new member here in the UK. Collected my MY22 Trailhawk 4xe last week and very happy so far, my first Jeep and also my first PHEV. Looking forward to learning more from other owners.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello! New to Jeep and new member. This is my first ( technically 2nd) 2022 Jeep Compass Limited. First one only made it 38 miles from the lot before it died from some electrical issue. Now my new one is great. Love it. Except i get the uconnect service message once in a while. And this forum helped me see its common. Waiting this “update”

· Administrator
2,484 Posts
Hello! New to Jeep and new member. This is my first ( technically 2nd) 2022 Jeep Compass Limited. First one only made it 38 miles from the lot before it died from some electrical issue. Now my new one is great. Love it. Except i get the uconnect service message once in a while. And this forum helped me see its common. Waiting this “update”
Welcome! So did Jeep take the first one back?

· Registered
Jeep Compass 4xe Limited 2022
10 Posts
Hi all! Here's a new member who just bought a new(MY 22) Compass Limited 4xe living in Finland. Its my first Jeep(I'm a italian car fan, "ex-owned" a Panda, Doblo,Stilo,Croma,159 SW and a Mito.)Pretty delightful with this car. I used to be a fan "old type" car (car must be simply as its possible), I did consider that my last159 SW 3.2V6 Q4,manual gearbox as best owned car.
I was looking for a Giulia or Tonale. Over budget.
This Compass change my mind about a "gadget car". Driven in town full electric, and on highway or long trips in hybrid mode. Average consumption is 6% for 12k km. Good enough!
Comfortable on the run. Spacious inside. Pretty good quality materials used also inside.
So far I'm happy for decision to choose a Jeep!
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

· Administrator
2,484 Posts
Hi all! Here's a new member who just bought a new(MY 22) Compass Limited 4xe living in Finland. Its my first Jeep(I'm a italian car fan, "ex-owned" a Panda, Doblo,Stilo,Croma,159 SW and a Mito.)Pretty delightful with this car. I used to be a fan "old type" car (car must be simply as its possible), I did consider that my last159 SW 3.2V6 Q4,manual gearbox as best owned car.
I was looking for a Giulia or Tonale. Over budget.
This Compass change my mind about a "gadget car". Driven in town full electric, and on highway or long trips in hybrid mode. Average consumption is 6% for 12k km. Good enough!
Comfortable on the run. Spacious inside. Pretty good quality materials used also inside.
So far I'm happy for decision to choose a Jeep!
View attachment 16507
Welcome! I like the color.

PS, keep that dog away from your wheels! It looks like he's headed that way. 😕

· Administrator
2,484 Posts
Welcome! Snazzy ride you've got there!

Since you've got a 2017, I've got some friendly advice for you. Check your oil every time you get gas until you are sure you're not using any oil. Many (not all) of the 2017-2018s used a lot of oil. NOT TO WORRY: Jeep did a recall that was quick and free that solves the problem. However, many of the first buyers gave up before the recall and sold their Compass -- those vehicles are floating around in the used car market. Since you are not the original owner, yours many not have had the recall done. You can check with a Jeep dealer. They can run your VIN and do it if it hasn't been done. It's just a software update and it should be free. Until then, keep a close eye on that dipstick.

Again, welcome! :)

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone!
Recently got a 'used' 2022 Jeep Compass Latitude after my 2017 was totaled in an accident. I loved my last Compass and am so glad that I was able to get pretty much the same car just a newer version! Just sad I don't have a moonroof anymore :( But I love Jeep so I'm glad to be here!

761 - 780 of 807 Posts