My Jeep Compass Forum banner
781 - 800 of 807 Posts

· Administrator
2,484 Posts
Hi everyone!
Recently got a 'used' 2022 Jeep Compass Latitude after my 2017 was totaled in an accident. I loved my last Compass and am so glad that I was able to get pretty much the same car just a newer version! Just sad I don't have a moonroof anymore :( But I love Jeep so I'm glad to be here!
Welcome! Same thing happened to my 2018. I replaced it with a 2019. With all those airbags, it doesn't take much of an impact to total a car.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey all! A happy owner of a 2019 Limited Jeep Compass! Been trying to take care of some issues on it lately so happily found this place! Located in SoCal (where I'm finding everything for parts is significantly more expensive and harder to get). Just hoping you guys can help!

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello, we have four Jeeps in the family and the first three are fantastic. Unfortunately, I found this forum while searching for a solution to a problem with our 2019 Compass. it randomly shuts down after flashing a message of "High Coolant Temperature". I see several other owners are experiencing the same dangerous situation.

· Administrator
2,484 Posts
Hello, we have four Jeeps in the family and the first three are fantastic. Unfortunately, I found this forum while searching for a solution to a problem with our 2019 Compass. it randomly shuts down after flashing a message of "High Coolant Temperature". I see several other owners are experiencing the same dangerous situation.
Welcome! You'll probably get more and better responses in the appropriate sub-forum, but usually that is caused by either low coolant or a failed water pump. Even if the coolant level looks good, you may still have air in the system. How many miles on your Compass?

· Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for your reply. It has about 42,000 miles on it. A mechanic checked out several things and could not find any problems, other than the batteries needed to be replaced. I have to wait more than a month to get it into the service department of any of the local dealers.

This is the thread where several frustrated Compass owners are reporting the same issue: Error message “High coolant temperature” | Page 2 | My Jeep Compass Forum
It does not look like any of them found a solution. It's extremely dangerous that a vehicle just randomly shuts down while being driven. I sent a PM to the Jeep Cares person who responded on that thread, but have not heard anything back from them.

· Registered
Jeep Compass 2020 4x4 2.4 AT
6 Posts
Hi there!
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

I am the new owner of a Jeep Compass 2020
Boughtafter accident but fixed it . Now it looks like a new )

But I still have some issues with noise from under engine. Can be heard with an opened window. It looks like this noise appears from vibration between engine and the exhaust pipe when driving over bumps (not all of them only over short (narrow and high at speeds 15-20 km/h) ... had changed all the exhaust hangers... but still.... now think about changing of engine hangers... Does someone have such noise?

· Registered
Jeep Compass S PHEV 2022 2.4
2 Posts
Hi, my name is Esteban. I’m the owner of a jeep compass s, PHEV 2022. Everything was right until I tried to start the UConnect Services. I found that the car doesn’t come with the TBM install. I would like to know if anybody has the same issue and if it is possible to install the TBM and all the systems required to make the UConnect services work.

· Administrator
2,484 Posts
Hi, my name is Esteban. I’m the owner of a jeep compass s, PHEV 2022. Everything was right until I tried to start the UConnect Services. I found that the car doesn’t come with the TBM install. I would like to know if anybody has the same issue and if it is possible to install the TBM and all the systems required to make the UConnect services work.
Welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself here. You may have a better chance of getting a reply to your question if you start a new thread in the appropriate forum. Try here: Repairs - Electrical problems and questions I hope you find a solution.

· Registered
2018 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4, 6-spd man.
2 Posts
Hello! I have just purchased a 2018 Compass Latitude 4x4 6-spd with 16k miles and am hoping to keep this vehicle for a very long time. I spent over a month looking for a lighter weight 4x4 with a manual transmission and there are not many options.

So far I have been educated on the Multi-Air oil consumption fix and I will need to replace the cheap car tires that the dealer installed prior to my purchase.

Are there any other significant fixes or upgrades that would have a significant impact on overall longevity?

Thanks in advance!!

· Registered
7 Posts
Wife decided we needed a new car on the way home from taking me to the dr.
So no more 2007 PT Cruiser and hello 2022 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4.

Between me, mom, dad and my sibling this is the 15th car we purchased at this dealership since 1985 so it was easy to work with them on picking it out. I called them at 8:30 in the morning and said if you still have this one (the only non white Compass they had in stock) I want to see it and I’ll be there at 3:30.
They had it pulled into the showroom for us to look at and the wife drove it 2 miles and said I like it and I had already gotten us pre-approved so that night it came home with us.

I still have not gotten to drive it yet since I am under a no driving restriction because of spine surgery three days before Thanksgiving.

Now it just has to go back for a 3 day treatment of extra rust protection and paint protection and the give us a loaner.

Eventually I need to add a hitch for it to haul stuff in a trailer (just a little trailer for the riding mower etc).

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
7 Posts
There must be a story here . . . Anyway, welcome to the forum!
Bad exit ramp near where we live. Every time it snows someone wrecks on that ramp.

Ramp gets just enough sun that it melts and freezes and washes away the salt.
There is also a 2” drop off from the pavement to the shoulder.
The county sheriff can tell if someone was going to fast or not by which side of the ramp they end up on, and the wife was going very slow.

The PT Cruiser also needed to be replaced as it had problems including using 1 quart of oil per 1,000 miles, just did not want to replace it right now with car prices up so much. We both work from home so not a lot of miles going on the car so adding the oil was not that big of a deal.

Loved the PT Cruiser though I could fit a lot in it including 8’ landscaping timbers with everything closed up (by folding down the rear and the passenger front seat).

· Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Altitude 4x4
85 Posts
Welcome and sorry to hear of your coolant issues. If you do not already know, check out this link for more information about the ongoing investigation started by the NHTSA.

NHTSA Opens Probe On 2019 & 2020 Jeep® Compass For Stalling!

*edit - Are my links working for anyone else? When I click on it, I get an error message that the site could not be reached?

Welcome! You'll probably get more and better responses in the appropriate sub-forum, but usually that is caused by either low coolant or a failed water pump. Even if the coolant level looks good, you may still have air in the system. How many miles on your Compass?
Normally I would agree with you but given the NHTSA has an open investigation it seems as though there may be an underlying problem that needs to be diagnosed and fixed. Thankfully we have not had this issue with our 2019, yet..... knocks on wood

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi there!
View attachment 16877
I am the new owner of a Jeep Compass 2020
Boughtafter accident but fixed it . Now it looks like a new )

But I still have some issues with noise from under engine. Can be heard with an opened window. It looks like this noise appears from vibration between engine and the exhaust pipe when driving over bumps (not all of them only over short (narrow and high at speeds 15-20 km/h) ... had changed all the exhaust hangers... but still.... now think about changing of engine hangers... Does someone have such noise?
Hi, bought my 2020 Latitude Dec 31,22 and have a appt. to replace the motor mounts, dealer ordered the parts b4 I bought it, just a FYI, Ed

· Administrator
2,484 Posts
Hi, bought my 2020 Latitude Dec 31,22 and have a appt. to replace the motor mounts, dealer ordered the parts b4 I bought it, just a FYI, Ed
Motor mounts already? I've never replaced mounts on anything with less than 200,000 miles, and never on a Jeep. On a 2020 that seems very premature.

Oh, Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your Compass.

· Registered
2 Posts
Motor mounts already? I've never replaced mounts on anything with less than 200,000 miles, and never on a Jeep. On a 2020 that seems very premature.

Oh, Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your Compass.
I agree Jasmine after 12 private vehicles over the course of 55 years, I will definitely have questions for the service manager. Thanks for the welcome too!

· Administrator
2,484 Posts
I agree Jasmine after 12 private vehicles over the course of 55 years, I will definitely have questions for the service manager. Thanks for the welcome too!
Back in 1984 I bought a new Plymouth Turismo. At around 2 years and 40,000 miles the dealer told me my car wouldn't pass inspection because of bad ball joints. I balked and told them not to do the work. I wanted to talk to the Chrysler rep about why a car so young that had only known city or highway driving was unsafe without new ball joints. When I picked up the car that night, guess what? They'd put an inspection sticker on it! I inquired about the earlier refusal and the service writer said, "We-e-ll it just barely passed." I drove that car for another 50,000 miles and never changed the ball joints. Basically, I called their bluff. That dealer is no longer in business.

· Registered
89 Posts
Hello , I live on a Coffee farm, (hillside) -Kona, Hawaii. The only way home from the highway is a 4x4 road. (1/3 mile) in. You need a 4x4 to get home. We live off the grid. Propane refrigerator, propane water heater, propane stove, propane clothes dryer, generator to run washer and dryer motor.

My wife wanted to get a compact 4x4. We just purchase a 2020 Jeep Compass Trailhawk. The stock 8.5 ground clearance is great for our coffee land roads. The four wheel drive system performs very well . I am impress with the gas mileage.
We also own a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4
2001 Toyota Tundra 4x4
1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 ( farm use only)
I enjoy my shoreline fishing and camping. see YouTube - Ulua fishing & Menpachi fishing at nights.

I hope I can get some helpful information here. “ Mahalos”. ( Hawaiian word for Thank-you)

781 - 800 of 807 Posts