My Jeep Compass Forum banner

New Members, please post introductions!

7M views 840 replies 434 participants last post by  nearboston 
#1 ·
Therefore we can get some interaction going here. This Forum is underutilised!

#789 ·
Hi, my name is Esteban. I’m the owner of a jeep compass s, PHEV 2022. Everything was right until I tried to start the UConnect Services. I found that the car doesn’t come with the TBM install. I would like to know if anybody has the same issue and if it is possible to install the TBM and all the systems required to make the UConnect services work.

#791 ·
Hello! I have just purchased a 2018 Compass Latitude 4x4 6-spd with 16k miles and am hoping to keep this vehicle for a very long time. I spent over a month looking for a lighter weight 4x4 with a manual transmission and there are not many options.

So far I have been educated on the Multi-Air oil consumption fix and I will need to replace the cheap car tires that the dealer installed prior to my purchase.

Are there any other significant fixes or upgrades that would have a significant impact on overall longevity?

Thanks in advance!!

#792 ·
Wife decided we needed a new car on the way home from taking me to the dr.
So no more 2007 PT Cruiser and hello 2022 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4.

Between me, mom, dad and my sibling this is the 15th car we purchased at this dealership since 1985 so it was easy to work with them on picking it out. I called them at 8:30 in the morning and said if you still have this one (the only non white Compass they had in stock) I want to see it and I’ll be there at 3:30.
They had it pulled into the showroom for us to look at and the wife drove it 2 miles and said I like it and I had already gotten us pre-approved so that night it came home with us.

I still have not gotten to drive it yet since I am under a no driving restriction because of spine surgery three days before Thanksgiving.

Now it just has to go back for a 3 day treatment of extra rust protection and paint protection and the give us a loaner.

Eventually I need to add a hitch for it to haul stuff in a trailer (just a little trailer for the riding mower etc).

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

#800 ·
Hello , I live on a Coffee farm, (hillside) -Kona, Hawaii. The only way home from the highway is a 4x4 road. (1/3 mile) in. You need a 4x4 to get home. We live off the grid. Propane refrigerator, propane water heater, propane stove, propane clothes dryer, generator to run washer and dryer motor.

My wife wanted to get a compact 4x4. We just purchase a 2020 Jeep Compass Trailhawk. The stock 8.5 ground clearance is great for our coffee land roads. The four wheel drive system performs very well . I am impress with the gas mileage.
We also own a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4
2001 Toyota Tundra 4x4
1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 ( farm use only)
I enjoy my shoreline fishing and camping. see YouTube - Ulua fishing & Menpachi fishing at nights.

I hope I can get some helpful information here. “ Mahalos”. ( Hawaiian word for Thank-you)

#803 ·
I also just join. Had my 2020 Compass Trailhawk for only 8 days. Gosh I am learning so much about this SUV. My wife’s car mainly.
We also have a 2019 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TRD lifted. 2001 Toyota 4x4 Tundra, 1999 Ford Ranger4x4 -(farm truck only.)
We live off the grid, the coffee farm is strictly a 4x4 road only. On a hillside.

#807 ·
We install one size bigger tires plus rated as All Terrain - BFG Trail Terrains 265/65/r17. Our stock M&S tires one tire had a sidewalk damage, last week. Do NOT go off roading till you get tires with stronger sidewall. We damage one tire just on our coffee land roadway. Mix of rocky, dirt and some pave areas.
Notice better traction on and off road. A small loss of MPG’s These new tires are slightly wider and slightly taller. But adds a lot more confidence when we are off roading.

#810 ·
Welcome to the Jeep Compass forum. For your model 4x2 , I would just keep it stock. Maybe just a roof rack for additional carrying loads. Beware the roof with racks the carrying load is under 200 pounds Not design for heavier carrying.
The Compass is a very easy to drive. A perfect in town driving vehicle. Enjoy your Jeep Compass.

#811 ·
I'm doing it!! Trading my 19 limited renegade for a 22 jeep compass red. I love it!! Moment of truth...my husband is the GM at our Jeep dealership and he orders all the vehicles. He kept talking about this red edition (we both love a true red color) and I brushed it off because it was a compass....was never really interested. March incentives came out for our area and the last 22 red on his lot was 20 % off....so I looked, I drove and I fell in love. This is my dd. We also have a 21 jlu rubicon and a 21 gladiator mojave...we're jeep people!!

#812 ·
“Wow” you own a Jeep Rubicon and the Jeep Gladiator Mojave. The Rubicon comes with front & rear locking diffs. Great for serious off roaders.
I also have a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD LB and the “crawl controls” are awesome to have. Use them a few times.
Our Compass Trailhawk 4x4 is use daily on the coffee farm (hillside). We use the low modes daily to go up the hills. But lacks torque and needs more HP. Great for town and city driving , easy to park anywhere. Wife’s car.

#815 ·
Hey, y’all! I just bought myself a 2017(1st Gen) Compass(Sport/4WD/5spd).

I currently have a 10” lifted JK on 40” tires and a 350 SBC in it, so I thought I’d give these unibody cars a try. I’m thinking about a turbo Honda K24 swap, so you’ll be seeing a lot of me, going forward!

Thanks for having me.

#819 ·
After a little of 4 months of ownership. My wife and I really like the handling of our 2020 Trailhawk Jeep Compass.
We are off roading every single day driving up and down a 4x4 road on a coffee farm. It has been raining a lot , the roads do get slippery and muddy. Sometimes it best not to wash the Jeep Compass .
The Jeep Compass on the street and on our coffee farm performs very well for us. But I wish it had a true 4x4 system for our purpose and a bit stronger and more powerful motor.
Would I buy again? Not a huge “Yes”. But most likely again.