My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Just traded in my 2008 BMW X3 3.0 Diesel Auto M sport for a brand spanking new 2.2 Diesel Limited 4x4 with U connect sound, sat nav and F and R parking sensors.
Got it Friday......love it, so does Mrs.
Where are these problems?
Graham

·
Registered
308 Posts
Welcome aboard Graham, nice to see more Brits on here (I'm a Birmingham expat of 3 years), are there many Compass around there?

What colour did you get? I haven't had any problems yet except a bonnet vibration, but lots of other small issues pop up on here

Good luck and enjoy, hope it compares well to the Beemer :)

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Welcome to the forum......Glad you joined in.......WOW..... what a trade a Beamer for a Compass.......please tell us why??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum......Glad you joined in.......WOW..... what a trade a Beamer for a Compass.......please tell us why??
Why not?
It'll work in snow and ice
It'll give better mpg
Cheaper insurance
cheaper tyres
cheaper insurance
40000 less miles on the clock
A super 3D sat nav
better sound system
and a Rarity and head turner. There are more BMWs in my town than Fords etc, but not one Jeep Compass, never mind a top of the range one.

I bought a mineral grey car and it looks absolutely stunning as agreed by my mate who happens to own a Porsche Carrera 4S.
PS and I've still got my Merc SLK in the garage for the Summer.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yeah Jeeps are more of a rarity in the UK and the prices are higher, like European cars in US/Canada are over priced

Grey is a nice colour, was my only other choice but really wanted the red. You must have the 18's and leather? Nice!

My wifes favourite car is an SLK so one day maybe we'll have one of those in the garage for summer too!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Jeeps are more of a rarity in the UK and the prices are higher, like European cars in US/Canada are over priced

Grey is a nice colour, was my only other choice but really wanted the red. You must have the 18's and leather? Nice!

My wifes favourite car is an SLK so one day maybe we'll have one of those in the garage for summer too!
That's the one.
My BMW had last Winter with me and I curbed it driving out of my side road. I was petrified slipping and sliding about.
My SLK is on a 06 plate. I bought it new and it is in Gold with Tan Nappa seats. only 19K MILES ON THE CLOCK. but I digress.

I drove my new Compass about 40 miles from the garage to home and had the average MPG display set. I was chuffed with the result of 45 mpg and then I realised it had a 6th Gear!. Looking good.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome to the club. Nice MPGs, would be nice to have a diesel here to get better mileage. Show us some pics. Also is there a way for you to find out how much a set of the OEM sidemarkers are for the 2007 Compass? I really like them on cars but not many US car have them but are seeing them more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the club. Nice MPGs, would be nice to have a diesel here to get better mileage. Show us some pics. Also is there a way for you to find out how much a set of the OEM sidemarkers are for the 2007 Compass? I really like them on cars but not many US car have them but are seeing them more.
The official Jeep route would be from where I got the car
[email protected]

There are plenty of Jeep accessories on Google. best I can do for now mate

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Definitely a heck of a trade there but I can certainly understand your reasons, congrats on your Compass, glad to hear you're enjoying it! Any pics you can share? We'd love to see your ride! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Very nice, love the Mineral Grey, great color choice and thanks for sharing the pics! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for that.
Are there any UK owners of a similar car on here?
What are the most important dos and don'ts?
Any valuable tips about owning and running one?

Be gentle please with the don'ts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Looks good Graham, and most likely drives completely different to most of ours! Manual gears and a Merc diesel is a good combo

I saw a UK review a while ago with nice curved side rails, maybe Mopar but not sure (not in Canada that I know of), would look good on yours
First drive: Jeep Compass - Autoblog UK

As for UK users, theres Soon2be, Gil and maybe Davidred5 but they're not frequent posters

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jeep UK Customer Service

Before I decided to buy my new Compass I checked out various insurance prices on-line and was quite happy with the quotes of between £250-£300 which I was given. When I purchased the car I was kindly given 7 days Free Insurance by Jeep UK and then they quoted me a very GENEROUS £550 (bloody hell) to continue for a year, which of course I refused.
As my free insurance neared the end I tried to take out my own insurance and picked up the previous on-line quotes. Unfortunately, as I had transferred my private plate to the Compass, when I tried to enter the car's registration 444 GR it kept coming up with my previous BMW as it was still registered to that car by the DVLA.
I therefore found it impossible to get insured despite calling the various insurance companies and explaining the problem.
I rang Jeep Insurance and explained the problem and asked for an EXTRA ONE DAY COVER, which I said I would pay for.

What do you think would have been an appropriate answer?
Can anyone guess what the reply was from Jeep?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ha, nice challenge. In an ideal world, they should have given you a nice discount on the insurance.
Very good, and this would have been a nice gesture in the circumstances.
However, dare I give a clue and say that you are a little wide of the mark.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh lordie…did they tell you that extra cover is absolutely impossible and you have to pay 550 quid immediately or they will apply a £1,000 penalty + call in the cops on you?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh lordie…did they tell you that extra cover is absolutely impossible and you have to pay 550 quid immediately or they will apply a £1,000 penalty + call in the cops on you?

Almost 100% correct, but there was an additional sting in the tail which really got my back up.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
They don't offer the Diesle engines on the same vehicles here. The want us to burn more gas. I get 28-29MPG (CAN=UK Gallons). Doesn't the MOT do the owners registration for the plates. You'll likely have to visit there office make sure they do the transfer of vehicle correctly.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts