My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Josh. Just purchased a Grey 2011 Jeep Compass Sport 4x4 with Manual Transmission. It's pretty much the most basic of the models 'cause I couldn't find any other ones with a Manual Transmission in my area (I hate automatics).

I recently separated from the military after 8yrs of service. My previous car was a 2004 Audi allroad; unfortunately, I ended up spending as much maintaining/repairing the Audi as I did on the purchase of the vehicle itself. I had JUST finished paying around $7K replacing the turbos and it was already acting up again. So, I used it as a trade for the Compass. Without that steady check from the military, I just can't afford expensive toys, anymore. :-(

I currently live in Albuquerque, NM... but may move in the next year depending on whether I get accepted to Law School, next Fall (gotta do well on the LSAT, first). I grew up in the South, but will probably never move back home... too damn hot/humid! When I moved out here in 2007, I fell in love with the mountains... so, now I'm kind of a snow bum in the Winter. I also like to play volleyball year-round; indoor and sand/grass in the summer. I'm engaged to a smokin' hot latina chick, lol. Met her here in NM. I also have a 2yr old son from a previous "marriage". Umm... that's about it, I think.

My wishlist for future mods are: window tint, cold-air intake, cat-back exhaust, tow hitch, 1"-2" lift, wheel spacers, chipped ECU, roof cross bars and snowboard rack, and probably some winter tires (dreams of Mopar Canyon kit...). Most of this will probably have to be put off 'til Warranty ends, lol.

See y'all around!
- Josh

p.s. People are usually confused about my screen name... I'm not a "miss" from the South... Southern Miss = The University of Southern Mississippi where I went to college. c/o 2003 :)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hey there Josh and welcome to the forum, glad to have you and thank you for your service! Nice intro, too and congrats on your Compass! Any pics you can share? We'd love to see it! Cool wish list, be sure to keep us posted when the modding starts! Definitely humid in south LA, but I won't trade it for anything, can't stand the snow belt that's for sure lol! Good luck with law school, too! Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wecome aboard. You'll love the Compass. I'm on my second one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts