My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a '14 latitude with the FD1 group. Loving it so far, but is there any way to ease the vibration at idle? I have the 2.4 with the auto stick.

·
963 Posts
Welcome Parker!

I don't know how experienced you are with autos, but most a/ts will lug a little at idle if you're in Drive. Not just Compasses, but any a/t.

Most people don't realize that Compass plugs are only good for 30,000 miles, not 100,000 like most new vehicles. Changing plugs is ultra simple on these engines. Helpful hint: when installing new plugs use the coil pack to get them started so you don't risk cross-threading. Otherwise its pretty straightforward.

One more thing. I don't know how many miles on your Compass, but the transmission fluid should be changed at 50-60,000 miles. People who follow the recommendation in the owners manual (120,000) usually regret it. Especially if you're in Texas where I presume the weather gets hotter than it does here. Even in New England on a hot day my tranny will be singing the high notes. That's not good. If you hear it screaming after a good highway run, its telling you that its past time for new juice. Changing CVT fluid is a tad more expensive than conventional trannies, but its a lot cheaper than buying a new transmission.

Good luck, and keep the rubber side down! :jeep:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts