My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tires will soon need to be replaced, out of warranty. I was wondering if anyone has replaced their tires on the Compass and if so, what did you get? Or do you have an opinion on what type of tires to get?

UPDATE: I went to two tire dealers today, wow. The first one had only two tires available for Compass.

One at $132.99 a tire and the other at $109.99 a tire, with a total charge of $744.80.

The Second place had a special buy 3 get one free with purchase of alignment, which would be cheaper than the tire itself, so it worked out to $542 total. At first he didn't even believe I had 18s. But he said the tire they carry for the Compass is a really good tire, good for 80,000 miles. It would also have to be ordered from Orlando.

The Third place (dealership) said it would be $721.04 total.

I think I'm going to wait it out a bit before getting new tires. But I'm still up for hearing ideas and suggestions on tires.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just got some 17" tires for my Comp at Wal-Mart. They are called "Evertrek HP" made by General and they were reasonable at $115/tire, excluding tax and all the federal and state fees. They charge you $2.50 extra/tire for the pressure sensors.

They look good and so far are extremely quiet. 65,000mi. tire. I think this is the same tire General calls "Altimax HP" but is branded Evertrek as they are made expressly for WM. WM uses the trademark prefix "Ever" for a lot of their auto products and batteries.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts